Ovulation help needed please

purple hugs

Reaction score
Hi, Im going around the bend trying to find out if im definitly ovulating. I get EWM and same time each month...so does this mean i have? Also is it too late when you see the ewm (when you wipe after the loo) or is this when you should BD? :wacko:

EW means it's time for :sex:!!!! It is possible to get it without getting an O, and vice versa. Some women get very little EWCM without help. Have you ever tried charting or using an OPK? That can help, although charting is the only way to be sure you actually Oed.

Good luck!

Hi, Im going around the bend trying to find out if im definitly ovulating. I get EWM and same time each month...so does this mean i have? Also is it too late when you see the ewm (when you wipe after the loo) or is this when you should BD? :wacko:

EWCM tells you (generally) that you are about to O. It can be off. Your body can be ready to O, then if you have stress, your body can delay the O (for example). The only real way I know that you can be sure you O'ed is by the arrival of AF 2 weeks later. That said, if you are charting your temps, that can be a really good indicator. The rise in temps midcycle tells you that the likelihood is that you have O'ed.

I agree with the other poster that when you see the EWCM, you and OH need to:sex:. It can take a couple of days. The day of or right before O is the last day with "best quality" cm (which btw may not mean eggwhite-like). So keep up the BD'ing while you have the EWCM or any significant CM. Good luck!

Thanks for all your advice :) I've never tried charting...what do you have to do? ( sorry im abit thick lol ) I've tried opk but never had a smiley face :wacko:

Thanks for all your advice :) I've never tried charting...what do you have to do? ( sorry im abit thick lol ) I've tried opk but never had a smiley face :wacko:

There are three things you can chart: your BBT (or lowest temp of the day- taken at the same time every day before you get out of bed), you cm, and your cervical position (this one is optional). The BBT tells you after you have ovulated and tells you how long your luteal phase is. A healthy LP is at least 10 days and lasts up to 14-16 days on average. At 18 days of high temps you are most likely pg. CM tells you when you are about to ovulate. Charting that and doing OPKs give you a really good idea before you ovulate. The last one is cervical position- I will be honest I haven't figured that one out. Doing these can really help figure out your cycle and what your body is doing. It can take a month or two before you start to see the pattern, though. Definitely worth a try- it only takes a few minutes of the day and gives really good info. If you don't like it, quit. No big deal. :)

Thanks i think i'll give it a go, i found an app on my phone so hopefully that should keep me right :)

Thanks i think i'll give it a go, i found an app on my phone so hopefully that should keep me right :)

Good luck. I'm sure you will find it easier than you think. It intimidated me a little at first, but am now glad I do it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->