Ovulation question

tryfor2

Mum to little men
Reaction score
I've had multiple patches of EWCM this cycle, but at CD 24 still haven't ovulated (- OPKs, no BBT shift). Presuming I do ovulate at some point this cycle should I still bother TTC? Wouldn't my uterine lining be getting a bit "old" at this point to sustain a pregnancy? Or am I misinformed?

I've had multiple patches of EWCM this cycle, but at CD 24 still haven't ovulated (- OPKs, no BBT shift). Presuming I do ovulate at some point this cycle should I still bother TTC? Wouldn't my uterine lining be getting a bit "old" at this point to sustain a pregnancy? Or am I misinformed?

hi Try! i don't have any answers but keep checking your post to see if others had any ideas. i'm sorry for what you're going through. just sucks, waiting and waiting for the signs to act. :wacko:

are you still experiencing the ovulation pain you described before? if so, wondering if that is connected with the lack of ovulation going on now? then, one more question comes to mind...are your cycles typically 28 days?

Hi Jen! Nice to hear from you! No, the mild cramping seems to have dissipated, though I get it every now and then. I barely get AF cramps, let alone ovulation pain, so this is new. I'm hoping this is just one weird cycle, not the indication of a problem because if you consider the lack of ovulation, occasional cramping, the mid cycle spotting I had this cycle for the first time EVER, and the TEBB I had at the end of last period, it's a little hard not to worry (for me at least). My cycles are pretty regular, 29-32 days in length. In the past 10 months they've varied as much as 26-36 days long, but I attribute that to postpartum hormonal craziness. They've been fairly regular for the past 6 months. On another thread someone mentioned PCOS but I'm not overweight and my cycles aren't irregular. I know about "thin PCOS" and that you can have it with regular periods, though not sure if you can with BOTH a healthy BMI AND regular periods.... Yes, the waiting (and wondering) is annoying. It would be easier if I just knew to stop trying this cycle--if only to give my BRAIN a rest! I think we can all relate to that!
I think I just need a thorough medical exam. I wish it was as easy as just making an appointment with my gyno, but here in Canada you have to get referred by your family dr. who needs to see just cause for the referral. And as I said before, my nurse-practitioner shrugged off my concerns. So the limbo continues.... Hence all my questions here!

Hi Jen! Nice to hear from you! No, the mild cramping seems to have dissipated, though I get it every now and then. I barely get AF cramps, let alone ovulation pain, so this is new. I'm hoping this is just one weird cycle, not the indication of a problem because if you consider the lack of ovulation, occasional cramping, the mid cycle spotting I had this cycle for the first time EVER, and the TEBB I had at the end of last period, it's a little hard not to worry (for me at least). My cycles are pretty regular, 29-32 days in length. In the past 10 months they've varied as much as 26-36 days long, but I attribute that to postpartum hormonal craziness. They've been fairly regular for the past 6 months. On another thread someone mentioned PCOS but I'm not overweight and my cycles aren't irregular. I know about "thin PCOS" and that you can have it with regular periods, though not sure if you can with BOTH a healthy BMI AND regular periods.... Yes, the waiting (and wondering) is annoying. It would be easier if I just knew to stop trying this cycle--if only to give my BRAIN a rest! I think we can all relate to that!
I think I just need a thorough medical exam. I wish it was as easy as just making an appointment with my gyno, but here in Canada you have to get referred by your family dr. who needs to see just cause for the referral. And as I said before, my nurse-practitioner shrugged off my concerns. So the limbo continues.... Hence all my questions here!

doesn't it seem funny (not funny haha) that everything seems normal until you make a decision to do something different. the first time my husband and i tried to get pregnant, my cycle went from a regular 28 day to 31. based on that, i had convinced myself that i was pregnant for several days...until i wasn't.

so in Canada, do you have to ttc for a specific amount of time before you can be referred? or could your fam phys just do a blood draw to check hormone levels just to see?

sorry for all the questions. i think i remember that your NP was checking other issues??????

Yes, pretty ironic. I said to my husband the other day, "I bet I ovulated every other cycle this year."
I believe you have to be TTC for a year if you are <35 and 6 months if you are >35, but it may very well vary with the dr. and/or if you have other factors. I think your family physician could do blood work and other preliminary things, but they can't just order it because the patient asks for it. They have to have a reason. Since I have "proven fertility" (got pg instantly two years ago) I may have a bit of a fight on my hands. And my NP certainly doesn't feel the urgency that I feel. She doesn't think my age is a big deal at all (with regard to TTC), which is comforting but also unfortunate as this means I may have to wait another 4 months to see my gyno.
Good memory--my NP did order blood work to check my thyroid and iron levels. I assume my thyroid is OK because I got a call only about my iron being on the low side of normal (19--normal ranges from 10-200 I think). I doubt that's affecting anything bc my iron's been low for years and I became anemic while pg. My BBT is super low though (barely into the 97s this cycle) and I read somewhere that BBTs below 97.8 generally indicate low thyroid function.
The only good thing about this possibly anovulatory cycle is that when I return to see my NP next month about my bladder I can show her my chart and perhaps that might prompt her to do some tests. Not that I particularly enjoy being poked and prodded....! How are you doing with the Pregnitude? Started charted again yet??? (No pressure...!)

My symbol for "under 35" turned into a heart. So that's what the heart is supposed to be--"under 35." Sorry for any confusion.

Yes, pretty ironic. I said to my husband the other day, "I bet I ovulated every other cycle this year."
I believe you have to be TTC for a year if you are <35 and 6 months if you are >35, but it may very well vary with the dr. and/or if you have other factors. I think your family physician could do blood work and other preliminary things, but they can't just order it because the patient asks for it. They have to have a reason. Since I have "proven fertility" (got pg instantly two years ago) I may have a bit of a fight on my hands. And my NP certainly doesn't feel the urgency that I feel. She doesn't think my age is a big deal at all (with regard to TTC), which is comforting but also unfortunate as this means I may have to wait another 4 months to see my gyno.
Good memory--my NP did order blood work to check my thyroid and iron levels. I assume my thyroid is OK because I got a call only about my iron being on the low side of normal (19--normal ranges from 10-200 I think). I doubt that's affecting anything bc my iron's been low for years and I became anemic while pg. My BBT is super low though (barely into the 97s this cycle) and I read somewhere that BBTs below 97.8 generally indicate low thyroid function.
The only good thing about this possibly anovulatory cycle is that when I return to see my NP next month about my bladder I can show her my chart and perhaps that might prompt her to do some tests. Not that I particularly enjoy being poked and prodded....! How are you doing with the Pregnitude? Started charted again yet??? (No pressure...!)

love the heart! it's sad to me that you can't request additional test when they are already drawing the blood. :wacko:

sounds like charting will def strengthen your inquiries--if you need them too. who knows, maybe things are just vaguely "off" and they will even out in the next couple of months. (crossing fingers!!)

as for me, i should get AF this wkend. we shall see! still taking all the supplements and now trying to revamp the diet. i really need lose a solid 30lbs and have just turned lazy in my 40's. when i first got married, i walked 4 miles a day, effortlessly. now it's so easy to put it off--either too tired or too busy. so, i am making the changes to help with getting pregs but either way, just trying to feel better overall!!!

I'm learning that sometimes in TTC you just want AF to hurry up and get here so you can begin a new cycle! Yes, getting healthier is win-win, regardless of pregnancy. It's so tough to get exercise in though. Wait till you're a mum--it gets even tougher, and MUCH easier to make excuses. I'm the queen of 'em! And then there's the sleep deprivation.... I'm really selling motherhood, aren't I? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->