Ovulation Question

ga_girl

Mom to 1 and LTTTC #2
Reaction score
A WHILE back, my doctor told me that if I wasn't ovulating, then my periods would become shorter and farther apart. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with no OV and periods becoming lighter, shorter, or farther apart? I stopped having EWCM at the same time as I started TTC. (Rotten luck). But before that I could always tell when I was OVing, I always had plenty of EWCM and mild cramping. I also have random sharp pains in my lower stomach(no STD's--I checked) was wondering if it could be ENDO, but I don't really know the symptoms. I'm just looking for first hand information...Thanks

In a word, No. It's actually more likely that your cycles would be longer and heavier if you don't ovulate because the correct sequence of events hasn't happened to induce menstruation. On the other hand, plenty of women have cycles that appear no different, but they didn't ovulate. I'm not surprised he told you a load of rubbish, I was told for 2 years that because my cycles were longer than 35 days I wasn't ovulating. I don't know where they get their stuff from.

this isn't true the only way the could tell is by doing tests to find out if you ovalation

I didnt have a clue when I was ovulating so I got some extra sensitive ov test strips and they were great! Id give them a try, then you can keep a record each mnth.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->