Ovulation question

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Weird - over the last few days, I have been having a lot of egg white cervical mucus (sorry tmi!). I only gave birth about six weeks ago and have been breastfeeding the whole time. Tristan has been putting on weight well and feeds a lot.

Questions:

1) Can you ovulate six weeks after giving birth if you are breastfeeding?

2) If so, does this mean you are not successfully breastfeeding?

3) Could the cervical mucus just be part of the lochia, cleaning out of the womb thing?

I'm mucusy still occasionally - I dont think I've O'd but I cant be certain.

Thanks Lisa! At least I know that I am not the only one experiencing this. I guess I will know in a couple of weeks, if I get my period or not.

I don't think I ovulated until 7 months after Sam was born...I did have what I thought was a period at 6 weeks (I'm breastfeeding too) and then nothing again until just over a month ago. Having said that, everyone is different and some people do return to fertility faster than others (I realise this post is probably no help at all now, sorry :blush:) x

Weird - over the last few days, I have been having a lot of egg white cervical mucus (sorry tmi!). I only gave birth about six weeks ago and have been breastfeeding the whole time. Tristan has been putting on weight well and feeds a lot.

Questions:

1) Can you ovulate six weeks after giving birth if you are breastfeeding?

You can ovulate anytime after birth. Even if you are breastfeeding. EWCM is fertile mucous, you could double check to see if your cervix position was "fertile" too if you wanted to know more detail.

2) If so, does this mean you are not successfully breastfeeding?

Certainly not! It just makes you what my mother kindly refers to women like me who ovulate while breastfeeding "Fertile Myrtle". ;)

You can be successfully breastfeeding and ovulate - even get pregnant and "tandem nurse"!

3) Could the cervical mucus just be part of the lochia, cleaning out of the womb thing?

Maybe - hard to tell though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->