Ovulation strip and pregnancy question

Rawan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was just curious, and used an ovulation strip tonight to see if I have an LH surge. According to my ovulation kit/bbt, I think I ovulated on day 10 or day 11 (July 5 or July 6). My ovulation strip was getting darker on July 5, but not completely positive, and on July 6 the line was getting lighter on ovulation strip, so I assumed I missed the LH surge since I was only testing once/day. We bd on July 6-8. I did see a bbt increase after a couple of days. When I used the ovulation strip tonight, I noticed that both lines are almost same darkness, but I think I already ovulated, could I be pregnant? Because I heard if you are pregnant it will show up positive too on ovulation test. My period is not due until July 21-23. I don't feel any pregnancy symptoms except nausea occasionally (but I am telling myself I might be imagining these symptoms since I want to be pregnant so bad). Should I do a pregnancy test? When should I do one? Also, since I thought I missed the LH surge, I thought I am out for this month, so I had some rum with my partner last night, now considering that I might be pregnant, will this harm the baby? I have attached the picture of the ovulation strip. The one on the very bottom is the one I did tonight. Anyone had similar experience before? Please let me know what you think, thank you! Baby dust to everyone! :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0628-min.jpg
    IMG_0628-min.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi I had a near positive on cycle day 6/7th (6/7th July which made me think I ovulated super early. Anyway carried on testing and yesterday strip was equally as dark (17th and today 18th! So thinking will actually ovulate today or tomorrow. I have a short luteal phase so AF prob due 28/29th July. I always have quite strong nausea when I get this lh surge. comparing this to what uv said I would this last test u have done is positive opk. What cycle day is it? Xxx

However if ur period is due in 3/4 days might be worth checking hot. Good luck to u. Super excited for ur updates 😊 xxxx

IMO it's more likely that your ovulation will happen later, this cycle at least. I've had positive O tests in pregnancy, but from my experience, lines on the HPTs are strong before you get a positive OPK.
However, there's always a chance. Do a HPT and you'll know. If it's negative, it's time to BD.
Good luck!

Could be lots of different things. Could have geared up to ovulate and didn't. So your body is trying to again. Also Its normal to have a secondry lh surge in the tww, happened to me every cycle in 7 years always around 9-10dpo, well after I'd ovulated. Or you could possibly be pregnant. Opk's can pick up hcg but like pp said it's normally once you have gotten a pretty clear line on a normal test. Well that's how it is for me anyway. Good luck!

Today is day 23 (counting first day of my last period as day 1).
I am planning to wait until this Wed to do a pregnancy test...
Thank you! :)
Hi I had a near positive on cycle day 6/7th (6/7th July which made me think I ovulated super early. Anyway carried on testing and yesterday strip was equally as dark (17th and today 18th! So thinking will actually ovulate today or tomorrow. I have a short luteal phase so AF prob due 28/29th July. I always have quite strong nausea when I get this lh surge. comparing this to what uv said I would this last test u have done is positive opk. What cycle day is it? Xxx

Good luck! Hope u manage get some bd action for good measure 😊 xxx

Thanks! Yeah we bd yesterday, just for fun though, because I thought I probably already ovulated...so I didn't use preseed, usually I use preseed during my ovulation week. I am kind of afraid to do pregnancy test, don't want to see BFN again...so I will wait until Wed, which is closer to when my af is due...
Good luck! Hope u manage get some bd action for good measure 😊 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->