Ovulation Test Confusion!!

mpayne186

Reaction score
TTC Newbie, please help!

2nd month of TTC and body/cycle still finding its routine after 12 years on the pill. Day 8 of cycle (which was a VERY light flow):

-Clearblue Ovulation stick: High fertility (flashing smiley face)
-Answer Ovulation stick: High fertility (two lines)
-Clearblue Fertility Monitor: Low fertility

Which test would you trust?? And why the difference in outcomes?? I thought these were suppose to help, not add to the confusion!

I'd go for the majority verdict-that your fertile and dtd to be sure you don't miss it.

Also keep testing the rest of the month to be sure.

Good luck

TTC Newbie, please help!

2nd month of TTC and body/cycle still finding its routine after 12 years on the pill. Day 8 of cycle (which was a VERY light flow):

-Clearblue Ovulation stick: High fertility (flashing smiley face)
-Answer Ovulation stick: High fertility (two lines)
-Clearblue Fertility Monitor: Low fertility

Which test would you trust?? And why the difference in outcomes?? I thought these were suppose to help, not add to the confusion!

Unfortunately, I don't know how these sort of fertility monitors work so I can't help much there.

Do you know how long your cycles typically are? Day 8 is pretty early for ovulation unless you have something like only a 22 day cycle. Typically, your period will arrive 12-14 days after you ovulate, if you aren't pregnant. Knowing how long your cycles are and how long your luteal phase is will help with pinpointing when you ovulate each month, then the OPKs can verify that.

Also, temping and paying attention to CM will also help pinpoint ovulation. Then, you can combine everything to complete a whole picture as to when you are fertile or not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->