Ovulation testing question

EqualBananas

Mother & TTC
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I recently heard (but am not convinced) that longer than average cycles are often anovulatory. Since having my DS, my cycles are loooong, but consistently 39 days. So just to be certain, I bought a First Response Ovulation Test Kit (20 pack). They STRESS that you MUST start testing on day 5, so it gets your baseline. I worry that if I start too early in my cycle, I might run out before O day (I think I O around day 26).

I'm thinking of starting on cd12 or so. Has anyone done this with long cycles? What do you recommend?

Thanks ladies! :)

I don’t have long cycles, but I do use opk’s. Before I purchased the IC’s, I bought Dollar Tree tests ($1/test), and it added up. Last month I bought the IC’s from ebay, got 50 opk’s & 20 hpt’s for $10 (free shipping). They arrived within 3 days or so.

Especially because you really don’t know what’s going on with your cycle, I suggest that you start testing on CD5 as they recommend, but just buy some IC’s so that you have them on hand in case you run out.

Thanks Meli
I apologize for not being completely clear, but the tests I have are a kit that you use a new stick daily and insert into the little machine which detects a LH surge based on your individual baseline. I looked and looked for the IC initially but couldn't find any that were cheaper than the regular store ones.

I guess what I want to know is if I start on cd12, would it not just determine my baseline on my cd12-16 for example, instead of most women's cd5-10? The company said no, but I don't see why it would be different if it is in fact individualized. I hope my rambling makes sense! Lol

Oh sorry, I was confused. I’m not familiar with that brand, but it sounds like the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. I know there’s a few threads with info on that. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->