Ovulation Testing

korrinalex

Reaction score
Hi, since miscarrying early Jan I have used expensive ovulation tests which showed a smiley face Feb, March and April. This month I have used cheap sticks from amazon (babymad) that you dip into a cup of wee, and they have not shown ovulation....I have used them twice a day and am now on day 18. Has anyone else had a poor experience of these cheapy testers? Thanks! xx

Hi K

sorry to hear about your loss

I have had constant positives from the cheapo ebay tests, so i havent had your problem, no

Have they shown any lines at all, or nada?

Sorry chicky i havent used them so i cant really answer you, i do know however that some of the cheaper versions dont get a line as dark as the control line but you go for the darkest one out of the the bunch if you know what i mean, however that can be a pain in the bum & in my opinion FRER and Clearblue opk's are by far the best :). I hope u catch ur eggy this month hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, thanks for the replies....there was one very faint line on day 15 I think.... Next month I will go back to the smiley faces to be on the safe side! Maybe my levels don't fluxuate significantly to get picked up by these cheapies. Bummer. It's a costly business trying to get preggars! Good luck everyone xx

Once I tried the CB smiley ones and with the same pee, used a First Response one. The smiley picked up the surge and the First Response didn't. The First Response eventually picked it up a day or 2 later, but it was AFTER I ovulated! It must have picked up my LH after the surge. It has been the CB smileys for me ever since!

Hi Hun

Just wanted to say that I had been using the internet cheapies for months and NEVER had a positive! The month I went out and spent (a small fortune) on the smiley face digital ones, I got my positive!! And we got our BFP.. (but we lost our little bub too)

I'm definitely going to be spending the money again.... I only had 1 day of SMILEY though - not two like most people, which means it's likely i was missing the 'positive' on the internet cheapie ones......

I only ever use the ICs from Amazon, they work fine for me, but i do pee on them obsessively every 4 hours around OV time lol

ICs worked fine for me too - like debs said though, she pees every 4 hours as you can miss it if you use the wrong pee... lol - worked best for me late afternoon/early evening

Thanks for all the responses again....def helps to get a few different perspectives....kinda given up on this month...maybe next....who knows!
Kxxxx

Hi all, i've used cheap opks for months and i get on brill with them( hpt's are another matter entirely)
My method is, i test at around 2 pm, 6pm and 10pm (at least)- i always get my pos on the last one of the day, but i see the strips darkening the day before and that day. i drink plenty in early morn but then cut down 2 hrs before each testing.

By 2pm the next day my surge has gone, i've read somewhere that the LH surge can be as short as 10 hours so you need to test frequently to catch it

I think i ovulate really quickly after the surge too, in about 12 hours i think, i've felt some really sharp needle pains on either side before and i presume that was me ovulating

Hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"