ovulation tests

gemlou86

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

So after lossing my little angel in december we are trying again. Has anyone tried ovulation kits? I have been told there no good, if anyone has any advice that would be great xx

I am a HUGE HUGE advocate of OPK's. I used them in January to help me get pregnant- sadly- as I am here- I lost the baby :cry: BUT.. you can buy them cheap online and you want to start testing around cd9 until you know more for sure when you ovulate. I knew I ovulated around cd15 but I still testing from cd9 bc it can change and I didn't want to miss it. I would also HIGHLY recommend testing 2-3 times a day when you get close to ovulation. The previous month I had only tested once a day and I know I missed it as a result and really frustrated me. One factor to be aware of too is that FMU isn't best for OPK's- it WILL still turn out positive- but only when you're really high on the LH surge and by then it could be close to being too late- that's why I recommend testing 2-3 times a day. I was testing at 7am when I woke up, 2pm, and then 8pm. I was *VERY* on top of it and I already have a stack raring to go for march once my DH and I can start TTC again. Best of luck! I am very sorry for your loss... hopefully you'll get that BFP soon!!!

Hi hun,

I use opk's and I got preg... But mmc later, but they worked for me and it helps to time BDing :winkwink: I tryed without opk's before and just went on tinker dates and never caught but i supose thats not 100%
I think you should try, read up on them from when to test I test 2-3 times a day depending on if i near for a pos... deffo worth it Good luck :hugs:
Sorry for your loss x

Sorry for you loss as well holly... :hugs: Wen you TTC again?

Thanks ladies, that really does help think i will be investing in some and give them ago. Very sorry for your loss our little angels will never be forgotten xx

I would say get a stash of el cheapos fron the internet, e bay have some good one, oracle fertility I use in Australia they may be global and their hpt's are really sesnitive ay 10miul (or whatever it is) they showed me 3 days before frer picked it up

HOWEVER

you really will need to use a few until you know your body better. Most say test at around 2pm after a 2 hour hold but I NEVER got a positive test at that time, my surge didn't show up until bed time. You may find you need to test 3 or 4 times a day until you figure yours out. Also a little tip when first using them is to take a photo of each one and then line them all up to see the progression from light to dark to light cos you have to be pretty pin point accurate to catch the actual surge. Also remember that when you get the surge it means an egg MAY be released in next 12-48 hours not that it WILL. I highly reccomend taking your temo and charting that as well as that is the only way to confirm you actually ovulated.

I hope this helps

I tried for a year with ziggy and assumed if we just bd'd lots it would happen it wasn't until I did the research that I realised how small the window of opportunity is. Once I really got into it we had 2 chemicals and then ziggy in 5 months. Obviously we were catching the eggy but I guess not quite the right one yet :-(

Good luck sweetheart.

laura_2010~ I haven't started TTC quite yet. Just had a d&c a week ago.. I am definitely ready to be intimate with my DH.. I miss it TERRIBLY.. so I figure in another week once I have the clearance from my doc. Also- I want to make sure I get a BFN first- I took one today and its faint.. lighter than last week.. but still there and I want to make sure that is completely clear beforehand.

Miss_C~ that's an awesome point to make sure it's not diluted urine and holding it for @ least 2 hours! :) Also- very true about that window... I've read that an egg can be released anywhere from 6-48 hours- CRAZY... sort of a long window- but then in the scheme of things, in a month, it really isn't!

STICKY BFP VIBES!!!! :dust:

I am a HUGE HUGE advocate of OPK's. I used them in January to help me get pregnant- sadly- as I am here- I lost the baby :cry: BUT.. you can buy them cheap online and you want to start testing around cd9 until you know more for sure when you ovulate. I knew I ovulated around cd15 but I still testing from cd9 bc it can change and I didn't want to miss it. I would also HIGHLY recommend testing 2-3 times a day when you get close to ovulation. The previous month I had only tested once a day and I know I missed it as a result and really frustrated me. One factor to be aware of too is that FMU isn't best for OPK's- it WILL still turn out positive- but only when you're really high on the LH surge and by then it could be close to being too late- that's why I recommend testing 2-3 times a day. I was testing at 7am when I woke up, 2pm, and then 8pm. I was *VERY* on top of it and I already have a stack raring to go for march once my DH and I can start TTC again. Best of luck! I am very sorry for your loss... hopefully you'll get that BFP soon!!!

hey holly... im not sure if i shud get the OPK... they are just ovulation strips right? coz i heard that its not that useful for people who have very irregular periods like mine.. whats ur take? :)

vonz~ I 200% recommend the OPK's... ESPECIALLY if you are not regular- they are even MORE important when you are not. I know HANDS DOWN they helped me get preggo in January- and a lot of other ladies too. best money spent- seriously! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->