Ovulation vs implantation bleeding

monsy1

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have just registered on this forum but have been reading on it for a few months now (and have only recently gotten familiar with all the lingo). I thought to post a message on here as I'm in a bit of a strange situation & you all seem to be quite knowledgeable on the topic. :)

DH & I are TTC #1. This cycle has been SUPER strange for me. I have been under a lot of stress, which is perhaps what delayed my ovulation and therefore my "expected" period. My last period started 28 September. We only BD 12 October (day of projected ovulation) and, as I mentioned, my period did not arrive as "expected" on 26 October, likely because I did not ovulate. I know that I should either be using OPKs or temping - but did not do it this cycle (I have just bought a BBT thermometer for use next cycle, if necessary). Throughout this time, however, I thought there was a small tiny chance of being pregnant, so I took around 6 HPT and they were all stark white BFNs.

I called the health center, where they told me that until I miss FOUR periods, there is no reason for me to see a doctor!!!! And if I wanted a blood test, I would have to go to private health care and pay around 40-50€ for it. No thank you, at least not for now...

Anyway, to de-stress, DH & I went on a "staycation" and checked in to a hotel on 07 November, where we obviously BD. Not knowing if I ovulated at all this cycle, I thought it was just all in good fun and not thinking about TTC.

However, yesterday, 15 November, I noticed a very light pink discharge (following an increased amount of creamy discharge the previous week). On the light pink discharge was ONE dot of bright red on it. Thought it was maybe implantation bleeding (wishful thinking?) but let it go.
Today, 16 Nov, there is still pink discharge ONLY when I wipe. But I just peed and there were 2 "clumps" of dark reddish mucous-looking discharge floating in the toilet bowl! I wiped and got only some light pink residue. ''

Could this be implantation bleeding? I've only just now read about ovulation bleeding while googling this - I have never experienced ovulation bleeding ever.

Would appreciate any thoughts and/or advise!

In my personal experience when I had bleeding during ovulation, it almost always signaled an annovulatory cycle (one in which I did not end up releasing an egg). I've personally never had implantation bleeding in all five of my pregnancies so I have no experience on that, but a lot of women on here have had it. I've always heard it was just a spot of blood either pink or brown in color, so it could very likely be IB, especially if you're late on your period and you ovulated late in your cycle from stress. I would wait about 2-3 days then try taking a test. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->