Ovulation with no CM?

doggylover

Mum of 4
Reaction score
Hi everyone - so my OPKs were positive on Saturday and Sunday morning (yesterday) but negative later on Sunday afternoon, so that would indicate that ovulation was going to happen sometime on Sunday night or Monday. Today is cd 23, and my last two cycles that I’ve tracked I haven’t O until about Cd 45, but my cycles are extremely irregular.

Usually I get enough cm to identify when it’s ewcm, not loads, just “enough”. I had a small amount of ewcm on Thursday with a negative OPK, but nothing since.

Do you think it’s still possible I have ovulated even without my normal cm? Or do you think my body is trying to O but hasn’t quite succeeded? I don’t temp because I have very irregular sleep patterns so can’t say for certain.

EWCM isn't the only fertile CM time -- watery is also considered to be very fertile. Creamy can even be considered fertile, under the right circumstances. I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Thanks! I’ve read up today and i read something which said how much water you’re drinking can really affect your cm and I have definitely not been drinking much this last fortnight so could explain the discrepancy from normal.

We use preseed anyway so hopefully that’ll do the job!!!!

My last son was conceived on CD23 with no signs of ovulation apart from a positive IC the day before. ;-)

Good luck!

Thank you! I also had no real ovulation pains (which I can usually spot) so it’s comforting to know it doesn’t mean anything bad!

Nothing to worry about doggy! Some people never have EWCM and go on to conceive easily. Do you take your temperature? That's an easy way to spot if you're ovulating or not.

Thank you!!!

I don’t temp because I have a very irregular sleep pattern (read: I have a co sleeping 2yo who wakes constantly and enjoys company!) so I don’t think I would be accurate with my temps. If I don’t conceive this month I am going to give it a go though and see how I get on

You might still have some luck with temping. My charts tend to look pretty jagged because I wake frequently (also mom to a 2-year-old + DH wakes up before me and goes banging around the house), but it can still give you an idea of when you ovulate if you're sufficiently above coverline. Worth a try!

Thank you, that’s good to know, I will definitely start next cycle! I did temp with my first, and it worked really well. I would like to have that comfort that I am ovulating which obviously the temping will give me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->