Ovulation with no period?

LovePurple

Reaction score
I've read so many conflicting stories.. I wanted to see if anyone had heard or shared this experience.

I've not had my period for about 7 months from what I would say is more exercise induced. We would like to start TTC, but I don't want to have to go about it or make it stressful (which I think it would be if I started temping and all that). I've backed off of my strenuous exercising some and hoping it will return shortly.

I do wonder though, anyone else able to conceive under these circumstances or at least something similar? And I have made an appt with my Dr, but could not get in until August.. hoping my period will return by then.

:shrug:

I didn't want to read and run. If you aren't going to do OPK's or temping (I totally understand why you don't want to, it definitely can add stress) the only thing I can think to do is to wait and see if it returns by your appointment and if not ask your doctor about it. Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone else here has more experience in this situation than me.

As said above maybe try OPK's/temping and also checking for fertile cervical mucus :thumbup: If anything it could reduce the stress by knowing exactly what is happening! Plus if nothing is happening you will then have charts to show your GP ..

Good luck :hugs:

If you aren't having your period then you aren't ovulating, ovulation has to occur to trigger AF. You are probably right about your strenuous exercise regime being the problem so backing off of that should allow your period to return. It is possible to get PG before AF returns as ovulation would occur before that. Even if AF does return before you appointment I would still keep it so you can at least talk with your doctor.

Thank you all for your posts. and def plan on keeping the appt as it's my yearly anyway.
That does make sense what you wrote. But one thing I did read is how you can have your period and not ovulate, the same as you can ovulate without your period.. but haven't heard too many experience from people who don't have their period due to extreme athletes. Just wondering if things play a little bit of a different way about it..
Keep the responses coming! Thank you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->