Ovulation!

Renee88

Reaction score
I was just wondering when most people ovulate? I know it’s different for everybody.

I dont understand why thats funny? Maybe i missed the joke? Yes i can show my chart, i ovulated cycle day 14 for this baby. I had aunt flow as normal. Did ovulation tests, which never went peak, waited for aunt flow to come. 14 days past ovulation, when expecting aunt flow... i tested and a line showed up. Im 12 weeks pregnant....

Yes, text books say CD 14, but we all have different cycles. I conceived my DD on CD 15, tested at 10 dpo and got my positive! She’s 20 months old now. This month I ovulated on CD 31!!!! Glad I’m Charting temps because I would’ve gone mad wondering where the Becca was my AF, as I typically have a 32 day cycle.

Congratulations! I didn’t mean anything by it. I just say “lol” a lot after things. (I’m awkward) I was just curious. I’m 21 weeks and this is my 3rd baby. I was very young when I had my other two so I just thought you could get pregnant whenever‍♀️ Nobody ever explained to me that there was a certain point where you could only get pregnant.

Soo @BrendaJ you ovulated a day before your period should have started? I’m wondering bc I had sex with one of my old friends a day before my period.( 14th) said he didn’t get off.. I had my period (15th) normal flow. Lasted 5 days.. Then had sex with my now bf (long story) that weekend and also when most people ovulate (14) days after. Came inside me every weekends after my period.. So I didn’t know if you could get pregnant a day before your period lol

Soo @BrendaJ you ovulated a day before your period should have started? I’m wondering bc I had sex with one of my old friends a day before my period.( 14th) said he didn’t get off.. I had my period (15th) normal flow. Lasted 5 days.. Then had sex with my now bf (long story) that weekend and also when most people ovulate (14) days after. Came inside me every weekends after my period.. So I didn’t know if you could get pregnant a day before your period lol

No, she ovulated cd15. Then on cd25 got her BFP.

If you start your period August 15, generally you're not going to ovulate August 14th. Most likely it would have been a cycle you didnt ovulate at all.

You should track your cycles, even if it's simply on a calendar. When you start your period, have sex, start next period. Then get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It can give you signs of ovulation or those funky cycles of no egg popping out.

Theres are so many factors for why you may or may not ovulate on cycle day 14 or anything other day. Did you have a cold? Injury? Stress? Etc.

Click on My Ovulation chart below in my signature for this cycle, my chart should give you a better understanding visually. I typically have a 32 day cycle, and it’s not like I ovulated on CD 31 and then got my period on CD 32. My ovulation was delayed due to illness. The first part of a cycle that leads up to ovulation is called the folicular phase, this part of your cycle can change due to illness, stress, etc. After you confirm ovulation, you enter the luteal phase. This part is constant. For me it’s 11-12 days.

So since I ovulated WAY WAY WAYYYY late, CD 31, I got my period 11-12 days after that. So instead of having a 32 day cycle, I ended up having a 43 day cycle (31+12) due to my delayed ovulation.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Thank you ladies! I understand. I honestly don’t know why I was never really explained this before. Like I said I had both my girls when I was a teenager soo I didn’t know much.. This helped a lot!

Thank you ladies! I understand. I honestly don’t know why I was never really explained this before. Like I said I had both my girls when I was a teenager soo I didn’t know much.. This helped a lot!

Because it's easier for teachers, doctors and nurses to teach and preach every woman ovulates on CD14 and had a 28d cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->