Ovuline is a crappy app!

hanni

Reaction score
I've been using this app to get a rough idea when I ovulate each month since I haven't started using opks yet.
So I was getting myself all prepared to DTD loads next week during my "fertile period" when I spotted one of my old comments on here and saw my ticker says I ovulate today!! I thought that surely can't be right?! But after checking about 4 different calculators online.. it is!
Now panicking!

Just warning any of you girls who use it to double check your dates. All my dates are entered correctly as well so I don't know why its saying this.
You had one job ovuline. One job.

I use Ovuline. My other calculations are a bit different on other websites. Thanks for posting! I may have missed my O otherwise!

X

All those apps can get really confusing, always had different fertile windows on them with same dates entered so it's best to use OPK's or temp. xx

All those apps can get really confusing, always had different fertile windows on them with same dates entered so it's best to use OPK's or temp. xx

I know, think I may start using them after this month if this cycle is unsuccessful. Just wanted to wing it for a few months.

I agree with this.

While I was WTT I used Ovuline and FF, so that I'd know what my cycle was like and be able to hit the ground running. FF is excellent and agrees with all my own calculations but Ovuline is very random. Some months it's exactly right, others it's off by up to a week. My cycle doesn't vary so there's no excuse for it.

(First cycle of TTC, yay!!)

I also don't like that it's constantly suggesting information about infertility and treatments.
Its like jeeez give me a break its only been 3 months, making me worry and stress.

I second a lot of the previous post and recommend opks and charting. Most of those apps are based on the idea we all ovulate mid cycle which just isn't true. Anything other than you bbt is somewhat subjective on it's assumption of an ovulation date. Even opk's can throw you because some women gear up to ovulate more than once in any given cycle and may get a couple of patches of positive opks. I would use opks and charting and then your bases will be covered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->