P90X? Looking for reviews

MackMomma8

Reaction score
Hey ladies! Long story short, DH's coworker who's 10 years old than he is started working out with the P90X videos 2 months ago, and it's really showing! He looks great... and DH is just a smidge jealous. :haha: I told him that if he did them, I would too...

What did I sign myself up for??? :shrug: :blush: Have any of you ladies used these videos? Good, bad, ugly?

Be honest!!

My husband does the P90X right now. He is DRIPPING with sweat after each work out. I have watched him and I know I couldn't do it.

Gooooooood luck!!! It will burn those calories fast!!!

After that first week (oh god it's brutal.. everything hurts), it's physically challenging but not impossible.. my problem with P90X is the time commitment. An hour or more 6 days a week just isn't sustainable for me. I get bored or something comes up or blah blah blah excuses, lol.

I prefer Insanity, personally.. it's shorter, faster paced.. more fun. Plus it doesn't use any equipment except for your body, so if you travel you don't have to cart a bunch of weights and whatnot with you!

But anywho.. either will definitely get you in shape! Just gotta be sure to stick to it and make sure your diet is clean (mostly, anyway :winkwink:).

Well, I got the whole P90X series for free from another friend... I'm thinking about making up my own workout routine based on the videos. There is NO WAY I could do that pylo-jumping workout. I'd be crying in 10 minutes because of my bad knees. :cry:

I have the p90x dvds but havent been in good enough shape to make it through one of them yet Im going to start it when I get some weight off and get a bit more fit but Ive heard really good things about it and know a girl that has done it and she had some great results :)

Ohh, bad knees = no good, lol. Definitely modify! And don't even attempt Insanity.. way too much jumping.

P90X is great for guys but BAD BAD BAD for women!

My man does them and looks great, but they are too much for women. Two years ago I tried doing them and it made me lose weight really fast and I lost my period. I stopped doing them after that!

There would be a LOT of women who would argue that futuremama88...

P90X is great for men AND women. What wouldn't be good about eating healthy and regular exercise and building muscle (women will not bulk, btw)? :huh:

I lost my period doing it, that's all I know...

I don't think that extensive exercise is good for women. I've read it in more than one fertility book. Obviously it's good to be in shape, but not to go overboard.

You have to have a certain percentage of body fat to menstruate. Body fat percentage below 15% is considered anorexic. So yes, if you go overboard with the exercise, it's not good for you. But so is never exercising at all.

Everything in moderation. :flower:

I am four months post pregnant, and nursing my son exclusively, and I am doing P90X with no problems. I am making sure I get enough calories, though, since I am nursing.
I haven't experienced any weight loss yet (I'm in my third week), but that's not really the goal for me. It's the fitness and strength and energy that I'm going for. I am also modifying the abs workout a bit, since I had abdominus recti separation.

The Shakeology that I drink every day for lunch helps with the energy I need, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->