Padsicles !

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Padsicles!
A friend just told me about this home remedy that "will change my life" post delivery. This is for women who have had a vaginal delivery with tears or no tears. She and her friends swear by this.

We all know that once delivery is complete (if you're a second time mom and on) that your vulva is super sore and swollen, more so of there's been tears and stitches. We also know to stock up on pads galore for the after glory of having our little ones.

So padsicles come in handy as follows:

you buy pads in bulk.
You open the pads without removing them from their packaging (you will close them back up when done until actual use)
When open, apply witch hazel (found here in the us at local drugs stores next to shaving cream)
Then apply aloe gel (with the lotions).

Spread evenly.
Close the pad and pop them in a huge ziplock bag and pop them in the freezer for the big day !

Swelling, tearing, soreness- all of it alleviated with the padsicles.
In addition it cuts your healing time! We are doing this project (my MIL hubby and I lol)

Just thought id share!

My hospital provided me with "diapersicles" (frozen diapers) and witch hazel pads to line them with. They were big and bulky, but while I was in the hospital I didn't mind. I really think they helped me A LOT (I had a 4th degree tear)

I made up a batch of these the other day, with the addition of a few drops of lavender essential oil. I hope they help!

I plan to make these and already have the pads... my question is the witch hazel. I cannot for the life of me find the alcohol free kind in stores. If I use the one with 14% alcohol will it sting/burn or should I just order the alcohol free kind off amazon?

I read that the alcohol version is ok, but I just ordered the alcohol free on Amazon. The one I got has aloe added, so I'm getting a double aloe kick.

You can also get the "Tucks" witch hazel pads and put those on top of your regular pads :)

Try freezing them in a bowl, so they have a curved shape, makes them easier to use :)

I plan to make these and already have the pads... my question is the witch hazel. I cannot for the life of me find the alcohol free kind in stores. If I use the one with 14% alcohol will it sting/burn or should I just order the alcohol free kind off amazon?

I think for the alcohol (ouch!!!) free you would need to go to an herbal store. Here there is a little shop called leaves and roots and you can basically find anything there! Check Walmart too! A hair supply store... I can't wait to try these!

I also can't believe I am buying pads again...is it seriously "that time"?? EEK!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->