Pain during c section?

tink28

Mum of 1 & WTT
Reaction score
I had an EMCS a year ago and was given a spinal block. During the op I felt excruciating pain at 2 or 3 points, the pain was in my clitoral/urethral area, it was so bad I was screaming with it and they nearly had to put me under. This was the only pain I could feel everything else was just tugging sensations etc. I still feel pain like this occasionally when I get up quickly. No one can give me at explanation for what caused this, I've spoken to doctors/midwives since. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Could be that they pulled on the nerve that supplies those areas (it is the same nerve) several times during your surgery. How that nerve wouldn't have been numbed by the spinal, I have no idea unless it was a bit on the patchy side (although patchy blocks are more common with epidurals than spinals). It could be that you have some nerve irritation left over from that. Your pelvic floor muscles also get tugged during a section so it could have something to do with that too (again, if the spinal is in effect properly, you shouldn't feel any pain).

I was wondering the same thing, as someone else suggested it could be a nerve. It is weird as I was completely numbed everywhere else.

I think blocks can be a bit sketchy sometimes and your own anatomy will play a huge role too (nerve pathways etc.). It definitely takes time for things to settle down in the pelvis after such a major upheaval so likely as time goes on your will have less of the pain when you move. Nerves are funny things and they take time to regenerate/repair themselves once irritated. It's pretty unpleasant thigh especially in the more personal bits!

It makes me so scared at the thought of having another c section :(

I wouldnt say i could feel pain more like pressure and pulling! What you went thru sounds awful!

Hey hun, i was in intense pain too during the section that i was screaming for gas and air - never thought i would feel that much pain - it was more of a tugging/pulling pain.

They did warn me though before hand and im scared of another section but may still go for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->