Pain in leg

JLLM

Reaction score
This is my third pregnancy but can't recall having this pain! I am 37 weeks pregnancy and when moving & walking I am getting a pain at the top of my left leg, I also get it at night when turning over does this sound normal?

It sounds normal but do you have any swelling? If its calf/thigh region I suggest get it checked up for any potential clots. My doctor ordered me to get a doppler ultrasound on my calves when I told him about my frequent cramps. Only because of hormonal changes and bloodflow during pregnancy

Its more my thigh area but no swelling I think to be on the safe side I will call my midwife for advice.Thanks!

You can have a clot in your thigh. Also, if you had a clot you might not develop swelling or redness for a while. Sorry, I don't mean to be a scaremonger, I'm just being factual. It's probably best to get it checked out and then you won't need to worry about it :hugs:

I called my midwife & she said she thought it was a trapped nerve but your post has worried me should I call triage?

Sciatica maybe? I got it now, it's horrific being so huge and having a busy toddler! Hope it goes for you soon x

I would think that your midwife knows the signs of a clot. If it's quite a sharp pain them trapped nerve sounds likely. Is it getting any better yet?

Petitpas its more a sharp pain when I move not a constant pain, it wasn't as bad moving over on bed last night I phoned my doctor today but could only get a phone consultation for the afternoon.

When I had my clots it was more of a dull pain. Unfortunately, a completely normal pregnancy causes so many aches and pains but it is good that you have ruled out this scary reason with your midwife :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->