Pain in my butt - literally - any ideas what it could be?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Delilah, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Delilah

Delilah Mom to Nathan Ulysses

About 3 weeks ago I started to notice my left butt cheek/hip hurt me when I sat up or move while sitting - like a sharp pain in the muscle or as if I'd been bruised but I have not fallen or to my knowledge pulled anything. It has got worse and sometimes now I am almost in tears with it - bent down to unplug christmas tree lights and couldnt get back up it wouldnt work for a few minutes.

My hubby thinks it might be something to do with the pregnancy - anyone else experienced this? Should I call my GP do you think or ride it out?

THanks.

Mx

2. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

Sounds like your sciatic nerve, i had something similar early on and thats what the doc told me....

ive not had it since 2nd tri so fingers crossed for you cos its darn painful!

I dont think you need to call anyone, but if you're still having issues at your next MW appt, mention it to her - she might send you for some physio or somethin x

3. honeygrl

honeygrl Well-Known Member

It's your uterus pressing on the sciatic nerve... M doctor said it usually eases up my 20 weeks. (mine did) It may return at the end of 3rd tri when the baby's head presses on it.

4. Phexia

Phexia Sort of ttc nr. 4

Sounds exactly like the beginning of my SPD.

5. Delilah

Delilah Mom to Nathan Ulysses

OMG thanks I have never felt pain like it - I cant imagine weeks more of this...

I've just looked up SPD - I googled this and got pelvic girdle pain too - as strange as it seems I can cope with it knowing its "normal" with pregnancy.

Mxx