pain/pressure low down and in cervix

Lola_0106

Mum to 1 & WWT for #2
Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone can put my mind at ease a bit. For the last couple of days I have had pressure in the lower part of my stomach, it's sometimes a bit painful. It feels like the baby is lying so low down that he's trying to get out! I really don't know how better to describe it. I've also had pain in my cervix, this is mostly sharp, sudden pain that goes away quickly and I've put it down to baby kicking my cervix. Tonight I was making tea and the pain turned into a constant pain that occasionally gets worse. I'm sat down now and it seems to be going but still have the pressure in my tummy. Am I just being an over-paranoid first time mum or should I mention it to the midwife?

My mum went into pre-term labour with me and I have had spotting on and off so I can't help but worry. Thank you!x

(hope it's ok that this is also in 2nd trimester - just thought I might get a broader response in here)

yeah I no how you feeling in getting same pains. I get a popping and bubbling feeling to. I was told it the baby moving. about the pain good sign, just everything growing prepare for labour.

With my son, I had a stabbing pain down into my cervix (into the left side of my vagina--sorry tmi) for 3 weeks straight when I was about 30-33 weeks. It was awful! Turns out my son had shifted and was sitting on a nerve. When I went for a check up the doctor manoevered him around (kind of lifting him up) and it instantly relieved the pain.

Next time you have an exam mention it and see if they can move baby a bit, might help.

I get the same too at times and attributed it to Braxton hicks. When this sharp pain comes,I feel like urinating although many of these times my bladder is empty. I guess its normal,unless its constantly followed by backache

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->