• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pain Relief for Home Births

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
I am very keen on a hb for our next bubba which we will may be starting to plan soon. :happydance:
Just interested to know what pain relief you used/ plan to use and how effective was it?? Thanks! :flower:

Hi -I am planning on having a birthing pool and using G&A.

xx

this will be my second home birth and ill be using just g&a

I have a birthpool coming also plan on using natal hypnotherapy and aromatherapy

I used a birthing pool and some of the hypnobirthing techniques, plus a bit of gas and air at the end. All very effective, wouldn't change a thing!

Hi I just used G&A (although not very well, no one told me you could use it the whole time!!!)

I used a TENs machine throughout my labour - it was brilliant, I don't think I felt any real pain. I think the trick is to put it on at the right time. I was only in the pool for 20 minutes - just managed to give birth in there! x

Used Active labouring/birth and Gas and Air last time along with a spell in the bath. Plan on labouring in the pool using hypnobirthing techniques this time with G&A as a back up.

I had nothing with my first baby until i had to be examined during the pushing stage as baby was stuck and I was taken to theatre.... they made me have g&a but i hated it, i hated how it made everything a bit fuzzy it made me pretty dizzy and io felt sick. I am not planning on having anything next time around if I can.

I used my pool and hypnobirthing up to 6cm at home and then continued with the hypnobirthing techniques and had heat packs for my back up to full dilation after transfer to hospital for monitoring. (Then epidural for an emergency c-section).

If I had stayed at home I would have had access to G&A if I had needed it for the second stage, as well as the pool and hypnobirthing.

I used a tens machine, water and natal hypnotherapy last time. I may have given gas and air a go had I remembered that such a thing existed but I didn't, and I'd asked not be offered anything, so I just carried on without. I intend to do just the same this time though I may not have a pool this time so it depends how comfy I feel labouring in the bath as to whether or not I use water again.

Gina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"