Pain under left rib - feels like a bad stitch?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
I wasnt sure where to put this and cant get into my doc until possibly tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of pain and knows what it could be?

I had it for the first time about a week or so ago and it lasted over night then went and then i started getting it again last night and can still feel it now.

Sometimes its worse then fades out a bit and i feel fine besides the pain and have no other symptoms at all, its like a bad stitch pain directly under my left rib and the very top of my stomach. Any ideas??

TIA xo

I get this, and swore it was gallstones, but the GP said it's gastritis....I get a dull aches, and sharp pain. Sometimes food effects it, other times its random....also get bloated, and cant tolerate high fat foods. Omeprazole helps slightly...maybe talk to gp to get an ultrasound and some acid suppressers. It sometimes radiates to left shoulder too. Hope this helps a bit, and feel better sn xx

Thanks, its actually worsened alot this i posted this so i seen a doc, hes 99% sure its a torn muscle, my DH could actually feel the muscle spasms from the outside, i was in so much pain last night. Im on anti inflammatory meds but still in pain. Pregnancy weakens these muscles so prob from me picking up my daughter and a million other heavy things trying to be supermum lol....ouch!

Ill see how i am by next week, he said if hasnt improved they will do an ultrasound to be sure. Gonna be a difficult few days i think, cant see how im going to be able to lift my daughter :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->