Pain when stretching

Allie84

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
I just reached waaaaayyyyy over to grab something and got the most stabbing pains all the way down my abdomen into my groin area. OUCH!!!!

I was really stretching my arm but not my abdomen....I don't get what it triggered! Obvs all muscles are connected....but this freaked me out.

The internet says not to stretch and not to put your hands above your head.....old wives tales I'm guessing but why the pain?

Is this RLP? 16 weeks and 1 day......

I've been feeling an uptick in the RLP this past week too - our babies must be going through a big growth spurt! I'm sure all is fine :)

This is my fourth and I'm getting this loads, every time I move too quickly or sneeze or cough or reach for something or move an awkward way. It takes my breath away!

It is literally round ligament pain, everything stretching and changing to accomodate the baby as it gets bigger. I had it with all my others too.

It's an old wives tale about not stretching up something to do with the cord??

Thanks for the reassurance ladies!!

Yes I think the old wives tale is it will wrap the cord around the baby's head but I also heard it can harm your placenta. It can't be true though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->