Painful first AF after MC?

ceejie

Reaction score
I am currently experiencing my first proper AF after my MC. Shockingly, this AF came all on it's own, 15 days after ovulation (the fact I actually ovulated is a miracle to me) and I didn't require meds to get AF as I usually do.

But, I noticed that this AF is quite painful...very much like the pains I had after my D&C. The cramps were so bad today that I was curled up in the fetal position and had to take a T3.

Has anyone else experienced this? While I often have pain throughout my cycle due to PCOS & PCS, I never have much in the way of menstrual cramps. Is this normal? And will it go back to normal after this first cycle?

Any help appreciated.

i didnt have a d and c and my period came right on mark.. i was expecting all the pains and discomfort, knowing that i usually get very bad cramps as is.. I didnt have any cramps what so ever was in shock about it... so mb its from having the D and C? i didnt want to read and run... but i had my first miscarriage on June 7th and had my period on July 7th...

I didnt have a D&C either, I MC naturally. My first AF after it though was a few days later than normal (took 1st day of MC bleeding as CD1) but it was alot heavier and more painful than my AF's pre MC.

I am now on CD6 of my second cycle after the MC, I am still bleeding though which is also odd for me. Before the MC, AF used to last at most 5 days and that last day would just be spotting, however as already said, today is day 6 and still bleeding, its not heavy now but its more than just spotting.

Ive heard though it is normal for a MC to change you AF's, is this true?

Every period after M/c for me has been a little stronger. I think my hormones were also more intense as well. The good thing is I have been able to achieve pregnancy right after M/C three times. Only one went on to term but I'm still trying...

My first two AFs after my ERPC (=D&C) were extremely painful and unpleasant, it's quite common apparently. Sorry for your loss and the pain you're experiencing. :(

I had a perfect 28 day cycle after my d&c...14 days till ovulation and then 14 days after AF...and it was heavy, painful, and just plain awful!!!! I was in bed for a whole day during it because it was so painful...hope it ends quickly!

I had a perfect 28 day cycle after my d&c...14 days till ovulation and then 14 days after AF...and it was heavy, painful, and just plain awful!!!! I was in bed for a whole day during it because it was so painful...hope it ends quickly!

Has your cycle stayed fairly regular since?

It's nice to know that what I am experiencing is "normal" at least. My AF only lasted 5 days, and the last day was barely anything. My AF usually lasts a bare minimum of 8 days...

My first period started today. I had been spotting for about 5 days, but today was definately more. I also had horrible cramps and back pains. Usually I never get them. So far it is a lot lighter than what I am used to. Hopefully it won't get worse tomorrow. Normally I don't have to take any pain medicine, but I have had to take it twice today. I am happy she showed up so now I know my body is working and we can ttc again once she leaves. It started 14 days after I ovulated, and 33 days after mc (just a few days later than normal).

I just started my AF after a m/c on the 5th and it was extremely painful to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->