Painful ovarian cysts

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by Mamabel, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Mamabel

Mamabel Well-Known Member

Hi sisters, hope you can share some experience with me. I was sent by OB for an ultrasound today for a possible ovarian cyst. Looks like the only real treatment for the constant abdominal and lower back pain is pain management, and wait for the cyst to dissipate and hopefully not rupture. Looks like six weeks of birth control pills to let my ovaries "rest.". Any suggestions for me regarding how I could manage the pain? Also, anyone know if I can run? I've been reading up on ov. Cyst on.line, but can't find much on running with a big cyst. I'll have test results moon. Or Tuesday, but thought I'd check in with you all as well. Thanks for sharing anything.

2. heart tree

heart tree Mom in love

Oh Mamabel, I wish I had some comforting advice for you, but I don't. Do you know how big the cyst is? How much pain have you been in? I don't know much about cysts, but wanted to send you my support. How are you feeling about going on BCPs for 6 weeks?