Painful Ovulation?!

Scarlett P

Busy baking #2 💕
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I'm hoping to join you properly in the next few months, and have been charting my cycles since July when I came off the pill.

The last few months I've had REALLY painful ovulation, it's almost as bad as AF! Anyone else really struggle with it?

I find that I'm also really tired and often more emotional than around AF too.

It wouldn't bother me if it was for a day or two but it goes on for ages - almost like my body is trying for a good week to O as I get loads of EWCM and my temps often show a dip and raise before another dip when O is confirmed on FF.

Any advice, tips or reasons as to why this is happening?

Many thanks xx

Hello ladies!

I'm hoping to join you properly in the next few months, and have been charting my cycles since July when I came off the pill.

The last few months I've had REALLY painful ovulation, it's almost as bad as AF! Anyone else really struggle with it?

I find that I'm also really tired and often more emotional than around AF too.

It wouldn't bother me if it was for a day or two but it goes on for ages - almost like my body is trying for a good week to O as I get loads of EWCM and my temps often show a dip and raise before another dip when O is confirmed on FF.

Any advice, tips or reasons as to why this is happening?

Many thanks xx

Hi Scarlett,
I also experience painful O and very clear signs of ovulation. I'm not really sure as to why some women are more sensitive to it than others but it is still considered common and normal.
For me I get and dramatic increase in sex drive and ewcm as well as uncomfortable nagging pain one the side ovulate. It mirrors my AF symptoms such as exhaustion back pain and gas.
I personally appreciate this sort of heads up to ovulation. But if the pain is inconvenient I'd suggest a mild over the counter pain reliever or something that treats PMS symptoms such as midol

Thank you for replying - good to know I'm not the only one! :flower: xx

I have had really painful ovulation for a few years now. Some months it is worse than others, but it is normally a persistent ache/pain in one side of my lower back that lasts for a day or two. On the worst months, the pain will be a bit more intense and almost come in waves like really bad menstrual cramps or even labor. I didn't know what it was for the longest time, and even went to the doctor where they diagnosed me with back spasms. It wasn't until I started tracking my cycles closer that I realized the pains were always occurring right around the time I should have been ovulating.

One thing I have noticed since TTC and using OPKs is that sometimes the pain actually occurs a few days before when I should be ovulating. Other times the pain is closer ovulation time, but it is always around the middle of my cycle, and often accompanies other fertile signs. (Usually EWCM.) Some people suggest that this type of pain could be sure to the follicles growing and stretching. I can't be certain, though that would make sense.

No tips. I would suggest ibuprofen, but there is some information out there that suggests anti-inflammatory medications could prevent ovulation, so I wouldn't want to risk it unless the pain is unbearable. Heating pads can help sometimes, though.

Thank you! Yes, I've avoided painkillers but have had a hot water bottle at night time that helps. Never had this before having my daughter :S thank you again xx

mines is pretty painful too and starts niggly after af finishes no rest huh!?!!

I have had the same thing for the last few months. I just had it a few days ago and I couldn't believe how tired I was! I literally fell asleep at my desk! Glad I am not alone. I was beginning to wonder about it!

The tiredness is such a killer - I never had that before LO was born. When I spoke to the Dr about it, the suggestion was I just went back on the pill...but seeing as I've come off bc to ttc in the spring then that's not going to happen!

Oh well, thank you for making me realise I'm not the only one ladies! xx

When I first came off birth control, both my ovulation and AF symptoms were INSANE! Everything hurt, my boobs were so sore, I had cramping all month it seemed, not to mention every pregnancy symptom in the book. I think this is common because my friend also mentioned that her AF symptoms were terrible in the first few months off BCP. I have been off for about six months now and I feel things are finally starting to even out although I do still get minor ovulation pain.

Since having my son I get really bad ov pain.
To the point I cant walk or stand
Mine usually wakes me at night.
Now I know when its starting I take one paracetemol
And a hot water bottle and curl up in bed
Its gone by morning
Docs thought it might be fibroids
But scan showed nothing
Must just be ov.
I never had before.
Just in recent years

It's frustrating to have to deal with OV niggles AND AF! You'd think once a month would be enough :S

I get it too n was just looking up on here to see who else gets it like me. I laid down now cos of it I did a opk last nite n was proper positive so I know I am ovulating today. I could tel,last nite as my tummy really bloated up n still is n is really tender n got awful achey hips n ovaries mainly in left side n I've had strong backache all day n feel so tired n got sore boobs. This is all normal for me each month now n after ovulation it gets worse then n I'm sore n then a million pregnancy symptoms appear up to me getting my period! Mad in it! I am waiting an ultrasound scan to check there's no cysts or anything but my blood tests were fine. I've been off my pill a year now, so hope this year is my year for a bfp! X

Hi hopefullys! Sorry you're really struggling with it too, hope you still managed to dtd and this is your cycle for a BFP!

It's funny my OV aches and pains are always in my right side, and I get bloated too. There are certain clothes that I always wear now around AF AND O because of it!!!

Hope scan goes ok for you. I was meant to have one too - my Dr sent for an appt for me - but a gyne Dr I've been seeing about a few issues I've had after my daughters birth said she didn't think I needed it and usually if there are cysts then you find sex painful, especially around O. xx

Oh right that's interesting to know. I don't find sex painful it just seems to be as soon as ovulation starts from then on til my period I gav constant aches n pains n millions of symptoms they drive me mad but also make me think that surely its not normal! I have my smear tomorrow too so with that n my scan once I get appointment through I'm hoping everything is ok down there! I don't have irregular periods only the last 2 cycles were 1 n 2 days late but always on time other than that. Where r u in your cycle? I'm on cd13 n 99% sure I ovulated yesterday I actually felt it! X

Yes my last two cycles were like that, the one in Dec was so bad from O to AF that's why I went to the Dr for bloods (they were fine) and she referred for scan. The Dr I'm seeing about the birth stuff thought in my case it could be that it's cos I'm finally O (also maybe more than one egg) because I came off the pill at the end of July and stopped BF in Oct and that it will settle down.

I'm on CD 5 and must admit that the symptoms weren't as bad this time as they were in Dec. Still very tired around O but the pain settled after a week instead of all the way to AF.

Really hope all goes well with your smear and you can get your scan done soon, all the waiting on top of ttc can be so frustrating. I'd take it as a good sign though that your bloods were fine and your cycles are regular. Please do keep me posted though, although hopefully you won't be able to have your scan as you'll get a BFP instead!! :winkwink: xx

Yes I hope so! We have done lots of bd the last few days as I ovulated yesterday on cd13 today n my cycles last for 26 days. I have my usual post ovulation cramps today so got that yucky ache. Some months I'm worse than others. I'm really tired yesterday n today too. I actually prefer my af symptoms to ovulation as there much milder. Fingers crossed we all get those bfps soon. I will update u if I get any interesting news! My oh been to the doctors today about his sperm looking at so will know soon if there is any problems his side. Keep me updated on your cycle! I was fine til ovulation started n now got cramps urghhh! X

When I was a teen I used to get bad OV pain...now not so much.

I have only been off the pill for 2 months so who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->