Painful period like cramps

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
Almost 29 weeks. Anyone experiencing the same? Can really quite hurt. Had them for an hour or so

I've been getting these the last two evenings while laying in bed. I've been worried since I've heard labour often starts with menstrual like cramps, but each night I've gone to sleep and when I wake up in the morning the cramps are gone. I'm hoping it's just stretching??

Yeah hopefully stretching. They're really quite painful. I'm in the car and had to pull over

Had them a few weeks ago on and off but they did eventually go, I put mine down to stretching.

I've been getting them, it's how my labour started when I was induced with my first.
mine have been going after an hour or so, so i'm not to worried. baby likes to move around quite a bit down there so I've put it down to him stretching everything out.

They've finally subsided now. We're quite painful but after a lie down they went away. Thanks ladies

You can get cramps when you're not hydrated enough.

I've had period type cramps for a few weeks now and remember having them a lot with DD.

I was like this at 29 weeks, just a normal night had my tea just relaxing on the chair but all day on and off I'd had weird feelings like period cramps. Then during the evening they gradually got worse but nothing I couldn't handle, then around midnight I had to go to the delivery suite I was checked over and I had started dilation! I was 3cm dilated and they had to stop me from labouring. I was given steroid injections incase baby was born early and given a drug which stops contractions and labour. I was kept in hospital for a week and checked constantly! I had to take early maternity leave as recommended by my consultant as she wanted me to have as much bed rest as possible in case of an early delivery. But here I am at 37 weeks and still pregnant this baby got back comfy again haha.
But to be on the safe side I'd go to your local delivery suite or get in touch with your midwife for a second opinion xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->