Paint fume exposure. Freaking out:(

Lauri27

Reaction score
Hi I’m 11 weeks 4 days first pregnancy. my husband yesterday painted our bathroom and then after the room had been opened a while he shut the bathroom door so it wasn’t well ventilated. I went in there after the door had been shut to pee and the smell of the paint was very strong and I felt a little dizzy I was only in there for about 3 mins and after that we left the door open and I only went in when I needed to pee. But I’m worried as I’m in first trimester and the paint was oil based that having been exposed to the paint fumes especially after the door had been closed iv harmed my baby. Stressing out worrying!

Don’t try to worry. I used to do hair when I was pregnant with our first. The smells were strong sometimes from chemicals. I also have always painted and cleaned using chemicals when I’m pregnant and never had an issue. I don’t think paint is that harsh anymore. I think it would be different if you were inclosed with it for a long period of time. Otherwise, I think it will be alright. I hope this gives you peace of mind.

You'll be fine hun, I've painted so many rooms of the house while pregnant and I also has myself out with cleaning products on a daily basis! All my babies have been okay

I agree, we painted our entire house after my son was born, I was worried about him inhaling fumes but the lady at the paint store said most paints today have a very low toxicity. If you were only in there for a few minutes you’re definitely fine. Those little babies are resilient to much worse things than a bit of paint fumes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->