Paisley?

ladyluck8181

Mummy to 5
Reaction score
I am really struggling with names, I think I've found the perfect name then something puts me off.

We are team yellow but I have a very strong feeling it's a girl, touch wood I've never been wrong with any of them yet sooo I must admit I am concentrating on girls names more than boys.

I have fallen in love with the name Paisley for a girl but I just can't quite decide if it's just too American for good ol' Yorkshire :haha: It will be Paisley Patricia

Opinions please?

I like the name Paisley and would use it but dh doesn't.

I LOVE the name Paisley!!! I don't think it's too American at all. If you like the name go for it!! That name is on our list as well!! So so pretty!

This is one of my least favorite girl names...It makes me think of a patterned tie or something. BUT, that's just my opinion. If you love it, then go for it!!

I'm not really a fan. However, it's how you feel about the name that counts, it's definitely not a bad name.

Honest opinion?! I really don't like the name Paisley, it strikes me as very American and the alliteration seems a bit too much to me.

Just my personal opinion though, no offense meant by it! It's what you love that matters! :thumbup:

I think of the pattern too. Not a fan personally but it isn't awful.

I don't love it but don't hate it and I wouldn't have said it was too American.

This name is on our list and we love it!
Paisley is a town in Scotland i believe,so not too American!
If you love it i say go for it
Best of luck to you
:dust:

I don't love it, but it's not too bad. It reminds me of the pattern though, and the name Ainsley, which I like better. But it's what you like that matters! :)

It's a town in Scotland. That's the first thing I thought of so wouldn't be a name I chose xx

I think it depends on your other kids names really as I would say its more modern than American

so might seem odd if you have:

Thomas, Arther, Elizabeth and Paisley lol

but if you have:

Mikaela, Sienna, Maxim and Paisley etc... it doesn't seem so bad

I like it but I wouldn't use it because we're more into traditional names. I think it's cute, though.

Funny people say it's American because it actually seems very British to me. :haha: The only time I've actually seen it used was in a book by a British author/set in England.

It's a town in Scotland. That's the first thing I thought of so wouldn't be a name I chose xx

It's odd when a name is the same as a place you know well, isn't it? I've heard of the name Preston used a lot in America. Clearly they have never had the pleasure of visiting it!

I think it depends on your other kids names really as I would say its more modern than American

so might seem odd if you have:

Thomas, Arther, Elizabeth and Paisley lol

but if you have:

Mikaela, Sienna, Maxim and Paisley etc... it doesn't seem so bad

I have a Joshua, Lana, Jack & Zara.

Just to update I have gone off it after my initial love of it due to seeing an article with a spelling 'Paisleigh' and on that one reading it just felt too chavvy for me :blush:

I think we will be sticking with a nameless baby for now :shrug: never been in this situ before and it's v frustrating.

Can I ask why it being too American is a bad thing? Just wondering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->