Palette change!

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Cheese!
When I was younger I hated cheese in large amounts. I never enjoyed the taste, instead I would mainly opt for grated cheese spread over items.
In nov we went to close friends and they had an actual cheese cake. They offered the cheese to us on a cheese board and I remember feeling a little dissapointed that I couldn't try a lot of the cheeses there as I was pregnant and there was Brie and Camembert.i couldn't remember the no go cheeses so I just stuck to a bit of cheddar.
Recently we moved not to far away from morrisons and we went there not to long ago and brought some of their saver cheddar cheese. The other day oh was feeling a bit peckish and made some cheese on cracker,he offered me one and I really enjoyed it! It was soft and tasted just right and tbh.. I'm a little hooked. I have just made myself more and now I really want to try some more cheeses! I might treat myself to a cheese board! Any recommendations. Nothing too mature I think right now I prefer mild. Quite like to try some soft cheeses tho.
Anyone ever have a random palette change?

I've recently discovered that I really love olives after hating them since I first had them as a child!

Not quite palate change, but since having DD I've become allergic to chillies. My tongue swells, I go red, get hives on my chest and can feel a bit breathless!
She was my 6th pregnancy and never before have I become allergic to something after pregnancy!!!
Its weird!

I have recently starting liking eggs whereas i hated them until about 2 months ago. Now i cant get enough!

I also didnt like cheese and then one day it randomly changed. Anything with spices was no but again randomly changed.

And I hate hot drinks but just discovered that I now actually like Mocha :thumbup:

I used to hate mushrooms, I used to go out of my way to scrape them off my food if they were in sauces...

Now I love them x

Since being pregnant and having morning sickness I can't stand tomato based sauces, apart from Ketchup. Used to love them! Actually, I'm sure I'd like the taste if I tried but the thought makes me ill.

I used to eat most meats (except lamb) and now I can only eat chicken/processed versions of stuff like burgers. I know it's not the taste, it's the thought of getting grisle or fat in my mouth, I just can't stand to try now, OH made me a steak the other night and I cried because I wanted to eat it but I couldn't bring myself to.

Think mine is more a mental issue than a palette change haha xx

hated olives until about 2 years ago and I didn't like eggs until pregnancy!

Cheese that I think you'll like. ..
Taleggio.
Brie -if you go to a waitrose cheese counter you can try a couple because I'm picky with which brie I like.
What do you think of blue cheese? Danish Blue might be a good start.
Mozzarella.
There's also more hard cheese that's nice in small amounts an think slices and for cooking such as jarlsberg and emmental.
A white Stilton with fruit such as apricots or red fruit.
You can get some milder goats cheese which I love.
And how about halloumi which is gorgeous breaded fried abs dipped in honey or bbq.
Xx

I did this with tomatoes when i was about 14, i just decided to try them one day and realised they were delicious :)

As for cheese, I tend to think somerset brie is milder than french brie so i'd go for that. Or you could try baking a camembert. Both are good with fruit like grapes or figs and nice chutney.
Boursin or any roule will be flavoured with garlic/herbs but doesn't have a strong 'cheesy' taste and is good on crusty bread and to make sandwiches with ham or salad.
Leerdamer, jarlsberg, emmenthal, for the love of god do not buy the prepacked stuff it tastes like soap!
I've yet to meet a person who doesn't like port salut, it's semi soft and divine on crackers, very kid friendly as well.
If you do want blue cheese st agur is my favourite, it's very flavoursome and good with fruit or port, but quite strong so a personal taste!

I'm a bit of a cheese obsessive and could talk about thinks to do with cheese all day :haha:

I've over the past few years developed a love for onions, mayonnaise, spicy foods, and sandwiches with salads and a mix of ingredients (I used to be really fussy about what went in sandwiches), plus a load of sauces.
I used to hate all these foods! Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->