Palpitations

Pulirula

Reaction score
I have been to a cardiologist and had ekgs and a sono on my heart over the summer and he said everything was fine. I just can't shake my fear over my heart. My heart randomly starts racing and it feels like skipped beats. It's freaks me out but I've been checked multiple times and nothing is wrong. Does anyone experience this???

I have heart palpitations too and had an ekg done and everything came back fine. I notice it happens often when my anxiety gets to be intense and frequent.

Also in first trimester I had a TON of heart palpitations. It was one of my first hints that I was pregnant, my heart kept flubbing out. Sometimes when I'm near the start of a new week I'll get them and I assume it's my body and baby growing.

I'm getting them really badly. I've not actually been to my doctor as I'm kinda going with it just being a pregnancy thing but they are really annoying! They get worse as the day goes on and are particularly bad when I'm trying to sleep at night..!

Low iron causes heart palpitations/racing heart. My mum isn't pregnant but she's been in hospital with a racing heart (among other things) recently and they found her iron was literally at zero! She said it's stopped now she's on iron tablets. So I'm gona ask my midwife to do bloods when I next see her and get that checked out I think! Could be worth asking if you haven't already had it checked?

I'm 5wks +4 and I just started getting them today a little while ago.. I keep feeling like I have to catch my breath in order to get it back on track and I'm having waves of nausea. I'm at work just hoping not to throw up ugh

Glad I'm not alone. If I can keep myself busy it doesn't bother me but it's hard to find something that distracts me. Hopefully the Dr will call me back Monday with my blood results and tell me if iron could be a culprit

When they happen I find it best to sit down and take some deep breaths and sip at water. If I keep on a busy task I'm working on sometimes I'll get stressed out that they're happening so it's like I have to hit the pause button and rest a moment.

Has anyone had any pregnancy complications fro them?

Has anyone ever had any pregnancy complications because of palps?

Hi everyone. I get heart palpitations frequently. Always got them before AF and am getting them now. It can be scary.

To do a 'reset', so to speak, cough forcefully and that should help get your heart back to normal and out of the funny skipped beat feeling.

Also, if all tests come back fine I wouldn't worry about them too much unless they change somehow. For example, you get dizzy while they are occurring. Otherwise, palpitations aren't too uncommon during major hormonal changes

They never caused any complications or concerns with my first pregnancy, Pulirula. I mentioned them to my midwife this time and she said they're very common with hormonal changes but to note any changes. They still happen from time to time, but not as frequently as they did in first trimester.

I never got them with my first pregnancy but that was 7 years ago before my anxiety got really bad. They said they would call if anything was wrong with my blood and they never called so I suppose that's a good sign.

I get them once in a while and it can really worry you that something is wrong. Had ecg that was normal. Maybe you get 'ectopic beats' ? Feels like skipped beat and then faster rate after. Thats what i get, usually for several months and they stop. Apparently they are harmless but can be really annoying. I found a cardiologist from York that has lots of videos on youtube where he talks about them. I definitely recommend watching them as it will put your mind at ease and will give you some tips on what to do.

I dont know how to copy paste from tube on my phone, embarrassing lol. Just type 'york cardilogy' into youtube, its his channel. He also has a facebook page with the same name. I hope that helps. Let me know if you cant find it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->