pancakes and pickles

AMAS86

Pregnant with #4!
Reaction score
I've been suffering from ALL day sickness. Nothing helps, not even prescription nausea meds. I've dropped 7 lbs in the last week, and I'm already underweight :/ . Today I started craving pancakes and pickles, and tonight I finally gave in. Wow first time in a week that I haven't been nauseated, and I was actually able to eat more than a few bites. I ate 2 pancakes and 2 pickles dipped in cream cheese and I'm in heaven. No sickness as of right now! Woohoo!! Any weird foods/cravings help with your sickness?

Lol what a craving! Glad your feeling better tho. I did hear that cravings are a way of letting your body know what it needs :)

Glad you are able to eat, they say eat what ever you can keep down.

Pancakes and poutine (fries, gravy and cheese) make me feel slightly better. Suprinsingly crackers give me a terrible after taste so I avoid them

Haha! What a craving. I started craving Twister ice lollies but that's faded and now I'm just eating everything really. I have gone off chocolate though-it seems to taste funny. And I feel nauseous all day. X

I'm obsessed with callipos and carverys ha

Oh and orange Fanta, that's all I want to drink at the moment

Sour keys and pink lemonade. Cant get enough. Helps curb the nausea a bit too, although the diclectin is also.

If i have learned anything in my weeks of nausea and i lost almost 10 pds was that if i had a craving for it i could keep it down and it made me feel better. so for like 3 weeks my husband was fetching whatever that day craving was.. Thankfully now i can eat most anything but if i get a craving if i dont get it within that day i start to dream about it. fingers crossed my husband brings home sour patch kids

Pickles and cream cheese? Interesting!

Things that help me the most are rather bland: saltine crackers, soft granola bars, oatmeal, white pasta with light sauce, plain cereals like cheerios, etc. I also sip some ginger ale.

I know it's hard to eat right now, but do the best you can. And carb-heavy foods will help keep some weight on. I've lost 3 lbs. throughout the first trimester but don't want to lose anymore. If I lost 10 lbs., I'd look sickly!

I've had a bit of everything mentioned. I'm craving things we don't normally eat (bread, bagels, crackers). I also can eat cereal...the milk helps. Toast works for me. But yeah, we don't eat the above mentioned thing so I feel I'm putting on weight due to all the irregular carbs. But when you can't eat most things, it's what you need to do. I've also been completely turned off by chocolate. It repulses me! So weird. Meat too. Just listen to your body and eat what it wants.

Ps. I got some sour patch kids the other day = heaven! lol

I started to feel sick again about an hour after eating it. Hell I'm happy I had an hour awake without fighting back vomit. Once I wake up til the time I go to bed I'm nauseated with that big ol lump I'm constantly having to swallow down. Pickles and cream cheese is AWESOME! :)

I've been craving yogurt with grapes in it. I always used to just eat yogurt plain, but now it disgusts me unless grapes are in it. I have it now every morning :)

I made my OH go out & get me a chicken & mushroom pot noodle tonight because id read it somewhere & decided I had to have one! I'm really craving salt & meat at the moment & veggies are just making me want to vomit. Such a shame, I wish I wanted fruit & veg & healthy stuff :(

What is the deal with sour stuff? I love it. My first pregnancy I was all over anything sour. I would suck on lemons and eat tons of sour candy. Chocolate is pretty much out for me too, which is weird bc usually I crave chocolate daily. Right now I want a paleta (frozen fruit popsicle). Like a really good one from a paleta shop with chunks of fruit in it. I may have to settle for one from the grocery store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->