Panic attacks

sammie13s

Reaction score
Jeez I'm sooo anxious. Wtf? My hearts constantly racing and I feel like I'm going to have a huge panic attack. I do suffer with anxiety but is it normal to have a big rise in anxiety maybe due to hormones? I'm not worrying about the pregnancy. I'm just going with the flow kinda thing x

No sure about anxiety and pregnancy....although now that I think about it, I've had a few instances in recent days where I feel nervous and shaky and felt my heart racing too.. in any case, I'm guessing if you've had support for the anxiety before, you'll know it's best to observe it and let it be, rather than try to control it and force it away.

Now I've got to go research this!

Hi Sammie

I am so sorry you are going through this I also suffer from anxiety and it is the worst. i am not pregnant but I know that my hormones have often played a role in my anxiety. I am not sure how, but often in different parts of my cycle it has happened and I was on hormonal treatment for my endo that turned me into an absolute wreck. Pregnancy is also known to increase your resting heart rate which in turn can make you feel like you are freaking out.

I think maybe you need to try some breaking exercises when you feel jittery. The absolute best is to breathe in, hold three seconds, breathe out, hold three seconds. That should help you remain calm before the panic attack occurs. Ask your doc if you can also use lavender oil, just a drop on the pulse points works :) or maybe give yoga ago. Hope it gets better!

Someone told me about a good exercise for panic attacks, called "Centering". First you find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and 1 thing you can taste. Its supposed to help calm you down. Might be worth a try. :hugs:

Hi sammie
I am the QUEEN of panicked tracks during pregnancy. I had my son when I was 23 and that whole pregnancy was filled with torturous agonizing panick. So badly that I NEVER SLEPT, would pace my house back and forth until the anxiety would take over and I would throw everything up and have diarrhea tmi sorry. And then after that I would calm down and be able to sleep for a couple hours. Until the next night it would start all over again. It was horrible. But it ended towards the end of my 3rd trimester and after baby was born everything was good! I didn't feel like that anymore. So I definitely think it's hormones. Hang in there!!

I actually had a few episodes of panic attacks when I was pregnant with my second. Never had before then and at the time I found it so strange. Nothing stressful was going on so looking back it had to be hormonal bc after she was born it was gone never to return again... Definitely the crazy ass hormones.

Yep my resting heart rate spiked as soon as I comcieved. And is still pretty high. I try to do breathing techniques and it calms down. It's horriblle though.

I have a long history of depression and anxiety and have been able to be stable off medication for almost 2 years. That's actually the very first symptom of pregnancy I had. Heart racing, panic, crying myself to sleep, fluttery chest, and stomach in knots. I freaked out because I thought all those things I had overcome were coming back.

Thankfully, it's calmed down but I still feel like it's right under the surface waiting to be poked. What always worked for me with my panic attacks before was a cool, wet rag on my forehead and breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. That can be hard to do when you're hyperventilating so breathe into a paper bag if you need to.

I hope it gets better for you!

had it also. Gynae said I must stay on my meds. It went away around 12 weeks.

I feel awful �� Keep getting what feels like an adrenaline rush through my body and rage �� When I feel like this I hate myself for getting pregnant and wish I hasn't ����

Hang in there hun. It's a tough thing to accept but hating the feeling will increase the adverse effects of the anxiety. When it comes try to observe it and let it pass through you instead of being upset it's happening and holding onto it. I use an app called 'Stop Breathe Think'. They customise the mindfulness based on how you are feeling at the time - it's great. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->