Panic moment!!

twinkle1975

Reaction score
Just put the hamster in her ball for a run around. I was getting on with some work & suddenly realised the ball had gone very still - went over & she'd flipping managed to get the top off & escaped!!! https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/eek.gif

I managed to get her back by chucking pumpkin seeds on the floor until she came out from behind the fridge!!

Now I just have to go round & pick up all the seeds!

Phew!

(sorry bit pointless but I'm on my own & had to tell someone!)

Good job you managed to her back! Hamsters can get into the tiniest of spaces

I know it was a scary moment for you....

but that post made me giggle lol. :haha:

It made me laugh afterwards too - but not until after I'd dropped the box of pumpkin seeds on the floor and then had to pick them all up again!!

She's in her cage now looking at me all innocently!!

Oooh hamsters are sly little things! Glad you got her back in!

Phew that was lucky u got her... My hamster escaped from her cage once when we was out.. we came back and she was running up the hall towards us luckily lol. x

i remember when we had a hamster it escaped (we had 4 cats!) and crawled under the fireplace :dohh: It eventually came back out but we thought he was a goner.

Our old hamster got out once and got under the floor boards!!! she was there for nearly 2 days!! She was my little sisters hamster and izzie camped out in the bathroom (the room she was underneath) and waited for her to pop out for food. She said she was asleep and woke up to scratching and saw the hamster back in the cage so quickly shut the cage!!! x

i was feeding grace around 5am the other night and seen something move out the cornor of my eye! it was the kids freeking hamster running around my bedroom! it went under the bed and kept popping back out, the little thing has managed to chew a hole in his cage and got out and climbed up about 5 steps to our bedroom lol, managed to get him back in though, luckily we have a spare cage!

:rofl: The thought of a panicked you running around throwing pumpkin seeds everywhere :rofl:

We used to have a hampster when I was younger and we would tape the lid so that it couldn't come off!

I think I'm going to tape her in next time!

She's albino so she's got bright red eyes - looking at them glowing at me from down the side of the fridge was a bit disconcerting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->