panic petrol buying doesnt make any sense

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
I dont get why everyone is out filling up their cars in a panic and causing chaos in the petrol stations (to the point where police are called in and traffic is effected on the main roads.

It seems so pointless and stupid to me.
For a start by law the haulage companies have to give 7 days notice of a strike, no notice or date has been given so at minimum you still have 7 days of nothing happening.
Why fill up now? your tank isnt going to last 7 days so even if notice was given today chances are you would still have to fill up 2-3 times before the strike.

The fuel companies are laughing their arses off at people at the moment because all that is happening is people have just massivly boasted their end of year figures that where slacking a bit till now.

And who the hell keeps cans of petrol in their shed?? just asking for trouble.
It was on the news a moment ago that a woman has just suffered 40% burns because she took home a can of petrol and was transfering it to another container in her kitchen with the oven on.

The whole thing just seems so stupid to me, it doesnt make any sense to rush out and buy petrol now when there is no strike actualy been announced yet (or if it even will, I still think its a ploy to boost end of year sales)

that's the general public for you!

548297_10100195415772632_61109792_48397000_565321174_n.jpg

(ps, congratulations!!!)xx

Did you hear about the poor cow in Leeds, storing petrol and got bloody burned :nope:

V xxx

Its insane. I am driving round on a quarter of a tank, if I'm careful it will last me til middle of next week, I'm NOT joining those stupid queues!!

People just lack common sense, either that or they're just stupid:shrug:I don't get it either. I think the whole scenario is ridiculous.

Did you hear about the poor cow in Leeds, storing petrol and got bloody burned :nope:

V xxx

Haha proof no one pays attention to my posts :)

another thing whats with the pasties, everyone is making jokes about panic buying them and this morning had a bit on about making your own, have I missed somthing?

That's sheeple mentality for you! Doesn't help that politicians have been fanning the flames with their comments. The cynics amongst us may be inclined to wonder whether there is a degree of deliberateness in that to distract us from other things......

V xxx

another thing whats with the pasties, everyone is making jokes about panic buying them and this morning had a bit on about making your own, have I missed somthing?

I'm partial to a bit of pasty panic buying :lol:

V xxx

:rofl:

I scrolled down too quickly and missed your last paragraph...sorry :flow:

How awful thou, who brings petrol into the house thou. Bloody madness.

V xx

They are meant to be putting tax or summat onto pasties cos they are classed as hot takeaway food so people are buying those too:wacko:

V xx

V xxx

I scrolled down too quickly and missed your last paragraph...sorry :flow:

How awful thou, who brings petrol into the house thou. Bloody madness.

V xx

Dont get me wrong I feel for her in so much pain but who the hell thinks its a good idea to pour petrol into a glass jar next to a oven thats on??

^ Yea the pasty thing is t do with whether they're sold to be eaten hot or cold (hot = VAT, cold = non-VAT)

Pasties have been getting around this by claiming to be cold by the time you eat them but they've been rumbled now :rofl::rofl:

They are meant to be putting tax or summat onto pasties cos they are classed as hot takeaway food so people are buying those too:wacko:

V xx

Thats just mental.
Thats whats going to cause the real petrol shortage, people driving down to greggs to stock up :)

V xx

Thats just mental.
Thats whats going to cause the real petrol shortage, people driving down to greggs to stock up :)

Get on the :telephone: to DC and tell him the recession won't get better if he won't let us commoners buy our pasties.

V xx

People just believe anything the papers tell them

No petrol stations near me have any left it seems :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back