Paranoid about a mole...stressing!

miraclemomma

Mummy of 1 + pregnant
Reaction score
I don't know whether it's the heat or he exhaustion or the return of morning sickness at 34 weeks but I'm having a paranoid day.
My arm is a little itchy today and when I've looked I'm itching around a mole. I've ways had it, it's always been slightly raised, but now I'm really paranoid about it being a dangerous one. I've booked an appointment with my GP but it's not for 10 days and don't want to spend 10 days worrying about it being cancerous and getting worse. Anyone any advice to make me relax,..?!

This was me a couple of weeks ago!! One of my miles is a bit itchy and another one had changed colour from brown to red. I was really worried! The Gp looked at both & said he had no concerns about them & he would "whip them off" once I've had the baby.

So I've been there & it was nothing - try not to worry :hugs:

Thank you. To be honest I think I'm itchy everywhere and it started near the mole which is why I'm paranoid. Don't think it looks any different to normal. Grrr. I'm rubbish at relaxing. Everything seems to be going well so I need to find something new to stress about xx

I've heard that pregnancy can affect moles but I'm worried about mine too, 1 has a black centre. I've been scratching all over with sores appearing...started worrying about chickenpox. My skin has changed so much because of pregnancy.

I have one that every now and then I catch on my clothes then it itches and I freak out but then it just stops, Chances are you have just caught it or something making it itch and is nothing. Even if it is something caught early they are almost never a problem.

I can totally relate to mole anxiety. Was dx with Melanoma at 23yrs old. Came as a total shock because I didn't frequent the tanning salon, in fact I had just used a tanning bed for the first time a few weeks before. Even more strange was the fact the the mole in question was removed when I was in high school and tested normal! When it partially grew back my dr said she probably just didn't remove it all. If my new dr didn't insist on removing and testing it again, it probably would have killed me because it was in a difficult spot for me to see and I wasn't at all worried about it. Needless to say I don't take any chances anymore. I've had at least half a dozen removed since then including one while I was pregnant and I actually have another one I've been keeping an eye on that I think I'm just going to go ahead and have lopped off. Even if it comes back normal it will give you peace if mind and prevent it from becoming cancer in the future.

Hi ladies, so after posting this thread the other day I have just been to see my GP. The mole that was particularly bothering me is apparently fine, and the dr has no concerns. I let him have a look at a few others and he said he doesn't really have any concern over any of them, although there is one on my boob he doesn't quite like the look of as it has uneven borders...however I had already said it always looked like that. He's just told me to keep an eye on it. So now, I'm slightly paranoid that it hasn't always looked like that and I'm just remembering wrong, I've convinced myself it's itchy though it has NEVER itched, and I don't know how long I need to keep an eye on it... How quickly would it change if it was a not good one.... I. A bit confused really xx

Glad the mole you went about is going to be no bother :) do you have a smartphone? I'd take a pic of the mole now if you can & then ate an alarm for each month on the same date - when you have a few pics you'll have a good idea if whether it changes or not. I'd have to do this as I'd have no idea if a mole changed, even if I was watching it!! I know paranoia would set in. If you're still not happy, then just ask for it to be removed after baby is born

Ok. I think that I'm having fears over my mortality at the moment (hormones?!) and it's making me extra worried. I have no idea now quickly skin cancer can spread if it is bad?! I might make another appt after the baby is born and take weekly pictures like you've suggested. I'm convinced it's always been blurry round the edges but I'm massively doubting myself now. I feel like finding old bikini pictures to prove myself right... Xx

Ok. I think that I'm having fears over my mortality at the moment (hormones?!) and it's making me extra worried. I have no idea now quickly skin cancer can spread if it is bad?! I might make another appt after the baby is born and take weekly pictures like you've suggested. I'm convinced it's always been blurry round the edges but I'm massively doubting myself now. I feel like finding old bikini pictures to prove myself right... Xx

Oh hun - now is not the time to look at old bikini pics!!! :haha:

Seriously though - I got the mortality thing after dd was born. Got obsessed with my will & what would happen if I wasn't around. It probably is just hormones - hope it settles down soon after lo is born for you :hugs: having a baby is also a huge right of passage in life - it's a big change & there's lots going on for all of us psychologically too. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Thank you! In actual fact my sisters weirdness has just saved my paranoia! She took a picture of me Breastfeeding my son in the nicu 2 and a half years ago and it shows the mole looking very similar to how it looks now!!!! I can relax and keep an eye on it! Thanks for the support!!! Xx

Glad you've found some evidence to make you feel better without resorting to pre-preggo bikini pics :) :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->