Paranoid about chemical pregnancy...

BebVern

3 MC, on a break (TTC #1)
Reaction score
Anyone else worry too much about your BFP ending up as a chemical?

This is my first pregnancy and I'm only 3+5; AF is due on Christmas Day. I think maybe it's because it's all so new to me and I don't know if what I'm experiencing is good or bad.

I'm having AF-like cramps today (duller than usual, but the similar distinctive sensation), and my FRER came out only slightly darker today at 12dpo than yesterday's. I know that expecting a bright red strong line was ambitious, but I guess I thought it would at least be more obvious...?

I cannot wait for the next week to be over, even though it'll still be early...AF arriving on Christmas day would just be unbearable :nope:

I bet if you take a FRER on the day of your expected period the line will be VERY dark. :) Getting a bfp early is definitely a mixed blessing in terms of anxiousness but hang in there!

Thank you earthmama :) I'm really glad I know early with it being the Christmas season (so I can avoid alcohol), but you're right about it being a mixed blessing. I'll try not to test tomorrow and wait until Christmas Eve; then my line should definitely be darker ;) if not, at least I know what to expect.

I know the feeling. My period is due the day before Christmas - I got the first faint line on an hpt at 8dpo, so I've pretty much been driving myself crazy all day every day until today (14dpo). I test every morning, but am going to try to skip tomorrow at least. If the tests get lighter there's nothing I can do. I'm just arming myself with pads just in case.

Hang in there...I know it's easier said than done. My husband has been trying to keep me calm, but I keep thinking that my period will come and I'll be devastated.

I feel like this too, i got my :bfp: 8 days ago and AF isn't due until Christmas day!
I'd been torturing myself testing daily waiting for the lines to stop being squinters but i skipped 2 days of testing and when i tested this morning i got a very bright blaring positive!

Leave it a day or 2 and when you next test your lines will shock you :hugs:

Thanks guys :)

Yeah I've skipped today, so hoping that my FRER tomorrow morning will be lovely and strong :D

Good luck! I can imagine the extra worry right before Christmas.... But--just gotta take it a day at a time. Try to distract yourself by doing something you enjoy. It's so hard in those first weeks...that's all I could ever think about! Good luck and keep us updated!

Yes I feel the same way. I don't know the odds of early miscarriage at my age (40) but think it's fairly high. I keep expecting my period to start (due tomorrow).
I used a lot of wondfros and haven't really seen a lot of line progression but that seems to be fairly common with these tests. I think I should probably stop testing and I'm too scared to get more FRER in case the line gets lighter rather than darker!
Just going to be grateful everyday that af doesn't show as the odds go up each day without it. :)

Good luck hon. As others have said, just take it one day at a time. "Today I am pregnant, and will cherish it." xx

Thanks for all your supportive words and positive responses :) I held off yesterday and tested this morning to see a BRIGHT red line on my FRER! Yay!

frer.jpg

Ohhhh exciting!! That's a perfect progression! What a great Christmas present :hugs:

Thanks for all your supportive words and positive responses :) I held off yesterday and tested this morning to see a BRIGHT red line on my FRER! Yay!

View attachment 713381

yaaay, so happy for you! my period is due Saturday and I feel the same but I'm trying not to worry!! my test from yesterday looks like you're bottom test!! so I guess that is a good thing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->