Parent council

paigeypoo

Reaction score
Hey, I have been looking for a chat room for mom's of school kids that are on Parent Council. Im looking for support and interested in talking to other moms like me who may be a little shy or nervous to be on Parent Council. For me I want to be more involved because I have two school aged kids and one that will be attending in 4-5 years. I really want to be a face at the school. So far I am really shy, I am looking for anything...like what it takes to be on a Parent council or what ways we can help in general. I really need to learn to be more assertive so my ideas don't all go to waste.

It's not too hard. I'm a wallflower too, until I get to know people. You just start volunteering for things, sitting in on the meetings. You don't even need to say anything much at first. Once you make a good mom friend, usually someone who has the same age child as yours, it's easier to feel like you belong to the group and to speak up. I know I wasn't a very good advocate for my son until he was seven or eight (he's almost 15 now). But it's something you have to learn.

If you're a SAHM, it will be easier for you to make and keep connections. As I've always worked full-time, it's been hard to stay connected to the PTO parents. But they are usually desperate for volunteers, so you will always be welcome if you can spare your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->