Parental responsibility for nursery

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
I have just been trying to fill out the form for Leyla's new nursery and they want to know who has parental responsibility. It has never actually been decided either way so does that mean it's me? He lives in Chester now which is about an hour and half away on the train so have obviously put my name down. Do I have to put his name down, get his signature for her to go to nursery or can I just sign with my own name and leave him off. Obviously I have written his name in the 'who can collect your child' bit but do I need to actually get him to sign it x

I put Josh's dad on the parental responsibility part cause he's on the birth certificate. But not put him as one to collect with him living in Rotherham (I'm in Notts). No you shouldn't need him to sign it, as Rob didn't need to sign the one for Josh. HTH in some way x

If it's not been decided in court with a residence order you both have 50/50 parental responsibility.

If he's on the birth certificate you both have parental responsibility

Yes he is on the bc for both kids. Does that mean i need his signature?

I would have thought nursery would have wanted to know who has PR so they know who they have to provide feedback to, just a guess though.

DH didn't have to sign any of the forms I've done for 2 different nurseries and different childminders.

I think its just so they know who to contact, as you live nearest put yourself :)

I put Josh's dad on the parental responsibility part cause he's on the birth certificate. But not put him as one to collect with him living in Rotherham (I'm in Notts). No you shouldn't need him to sign it, as Rob didn't need to sign the one for Josh. HTH in some way x

Completely OT... But Im in Notts :D :happydance:

To the original thread, if your ex is on the birth certificate then he also has PR.. It may be important if hes involved? In case they cant reach you and a medical decision is needed urgently?

Do what you feel omfortable with. x

No i don't think so. I sign everything for the kids, my OH never does and he lives with them fulltime! I think its common place to have 1 parent being the primary carer to take control in these sort of situations whether theyre still together as a family or not.

From theirpountof view you have responsibility as she loves with you

I don't think it means you both have to sign. It means that your OH has the right to ask for information and can collect your LO etc. if someone has parental responsibility they have the right to be fully involved.

Eg if a man has parental responsibility but doesn't live with the child, they can request copies of letters, reports etc. it also means they can collect the child (the daycare cannot say no without a court order). That is my understanding anyway.

Ah ok, well I have put him on the list of people who can collect her and I will tell them to make a note on her forms that he has parental responsibility aswell if they have to x

When I filled out Leyla's form, OH didn't have to sign, they just want to know who the legal parents/guardians are. When we had our home visit, they said that even though he's her dad, if I don't take him along to introduce him first they wouldn't let her go home with him.

I think theyre going to do that for us too. I have named him on the form now but the woman said if they dont recognise someone they wont let the child go home with them so I will have to go in with him at some point I guess x

our nursery operates a password system so if somebody else is collecting, they will be told who it is and they will know what keyword they are waiting to be told from them. if they don't know the keyword because I haven't told the person collecting it then they won't allow them to take LO.

I also added photos to our file of the people we had down for emergency collection because if it was a true emergency then I may not have arranged a password in advance nor be able to respond to anybody to let them know I've given approval for x to collect LO. Them having the photo means they can check that the people collecting are the names we have listed at the nursery as emergency contacts.

Perhaps ask if you could do the same.

The reality with us now is that LO is old enough to at least know whether she knows somebody or not, so she can say if she knows them/who they are/ backing up any claim from that person.

our nursery operates a password system so if somebody else is collecting, they will be told who it is and they will know what keyword they are waiting to be told from them. if they don't know the keyword because I haven't told the person collecting it then they won't allow them to take LO.

I also added photos to our file of the people we had down for emergency collection because if it was a true emergency then I may not have arranged a password in advance nor be able to respond to anybody to let them know I've given approval for x to collect LO. Them having the photo means they can check that the people collecting are the names we have listed at the nursery as emergency contacts.

Perhaps ask if you could do the same.

The reality with us now is that LO is old enough to at least know whether she knows somebody or not, so she can say if she knows them/who they are/ backing up any claim from that person.

This is also what I've done. Our nursery also has a fingerprint system, so only me and my oh can get in, others would have to buzz and ask for him.

We have a password, but even with that.. If they've not met the person before or been told beforehand they won't let him go. Thinking about it.. I signed all Riley's forms, matts not on them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->