parents of deaf children do u feel let down

mommy43

isabel's mummy
Reaction score
my 15yr old daughter is deaf n i feel shes missed out on extra support at school ect n we havent been told about resourses available sooner:growlmad:
i have been told recenly she should of been statemented in primary school n she should of had amplifying equipment ect at home & school all this after i struggled to keep her in school she couldnt cope in the class room n started kicking off in yr 9 i feel guilty i didnt ask more questions n find this all out long time ago so she had more help now i feel its too late she leaves school next june i just fee shes missed out

Don't blame yourself. If there were any resources, then you should have been made aware of them, at the very least by the school, and other peple involved in her care.

It is not your fault. Now you know you can do your best for her future.

I have no experience with teenagers or hearing problems, but thought i'd give you a :hug:

Hi Hun, I too don't have any experience with deafness but as Em has said, you really shouldn't blame yourself - someimes it's very difficult to find what's available unless a health professional points you in the right direction - silly really but some of these things aren't exactly advertised or made widely known. Its very easy to underestimate the usefulness of having the support of the medical profession around you and if you don't have it i can imagine it can leave you feeling somewhat isolated and uninformed. :( This is not your fault at all, I just hope that she gets the help she needs now.

Don't feel as if it's too late, whatever you can do now to make life easier to cope with will help her into her adult years!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->