Paris city break :-)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Tanikins, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Tanikins

Tanikins mum to 1

Its ohs 30th bday next july, hes old :haha:

So we want to do something special and id thrown around going to paris and he seems keen :happydance: gp are gonna watch osc for us as its something we'd like to do alone ;-).

So can anyone recommend hotels?
    Places to eat?
    What to do/see?

2. Eleanor ace

Eleanor ace Well-Known Member

Oooh that sounds fab :). No advice on what to do/see/eat (bar go and see the Eifel Tower :haha:). But have a great time!

3. cherrylips100

cherrylips100 Well-Known Member

Paris is lovely, I went as a student so you probably don't want to stay where I did lol I'd recommend prebooking Eiffel tower tickets before you go though as it gets very busy. Check out the Louve (where the Mona Lisa is) and Monmartre and beware of street sellers trying to put bracelets on you as you walk around.

4. Button#

Button# Well-Known Member

I remember those bracelet sellers at the bottom of the sacre couer steps, they nearly dragged a guy off his bike!

If it were me there would be a day trip to Disneyland involved! I also liked seeing notre dame when I went and the boat cruises on the seine are lovely. The jardin du Luxembourg are also nice to visit.

5. Button#

Button# Well-Known Member

Also my colleagues used to go to the Buddha bar whenever they went, I've never been but they said it was nice.

6. Tanikins

Tanikins mum to 1

Well a mates mum has a court case and won some cash. So were also taking osc to disneyland paris for a few days. So probs wont

Was thinking the eiffel tower, crossiants in a cafe. Anything romantic lol

7. littletobyj

littletobyj Well-Known Member

We are doing exactly this for my hubby's 30th in March, we got bargain flights with Jet2 so we have splashed out a bit on the hotel!! Booked it on Trivago so still got a deal. We plan to do Eiffel Tower, river seine, stroll down champs élysées, visit bakeries and choc shops!!! You will love it I'm sure!