Party bags?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
It's dd3's 7th birthday this summer and she's decided she's wants a party. Instead of the normal kind of party bags you get I was going to do a box and inside put a colour your own flower pot, felt tips, some seeds and a make your own garden windmill kit (not sure whether I should add small bags of soil??)

I told oh tonight and he thinks it would be better to just do a normal one as 'they're only kids, it's not like they're actually gonna use it', basically thinks it would be a waste. Just after opinions really on what you think would be better and what you and your child would prefer to see in a party bag. I was going to add sweets and a cake to so they wouldn't be missing out on that one.

TIA :flower:

That sounds great to me! My DS has received some really fun and imaginative party bags and stuff like this goes over really well.

Sounds wicked to me too tbh as long as it's not too expensive I guess (for your sake!) it gets a bit boring with the usual sweet cones/plastic toys etc.

I've found some deals on baker Ross so they wouldn't work out much different than usual party bags, I was just going to buy some big felt tip packs from asda and split them, maybe put a little ribbon around them?
I just know I hate usual party bag stuff and it usually goes in the bin within 2-3 days so thought this might be something different, plus dd3 loves outdoors and growing stuff etc :)

Much better than the usual plastic tat. I'm not a huge fan of party bags in general but do like the idea of an activity bag that is useful and fun.

If you go with cress or mustard seeds then you can just put a couple of cotton wool balls in each little pot and the seeds will grow on that. Plus they only take a couple of days to grow and can be eaten so the kids get the quick turnaround 😀

What a great idea! I actually dread 'normal' party bags full of 'rubbish' sweets - and they seem to go along with a cone of sweets at our local parties at the moment - then there is inevitably an argument about how much gets eaten that evening (usually none!) etc etc. Something completely different and crafty and educational is a great idea - I'd love that and I'm pretty sure my 5 year old would too.

It's a great idea.

At the last party my two attended, they were given paint your own money box (little kit that had everything). They loved it!

I like pp's idea of cress. We've tried growing things but they lose interest very quickly as 'nothing is happening.' At least with cress/mustard seeds, it starts growing very quickly! Plus you won't need soil!

Thanks for the replies.
I will go ahead with what I planned and ignore oh :winkwink: Will also definitely be doing the cress idea thank you, can't believe I didn't think of that lol

love this idea
I might steel it for my next children's birthday party

I've found some deals on baker Ross so they wouldn't work out much different than usual party bags, I was just going to buy some big felt tip packs from asda and split them, maybe put a little ribbon around them?
I just know I hate usual party bag stuff and it usually goes in the bin within 2-3 days so thought this might be something different, plus dd3 loves outdoors and growing stuff etc :)

Looks like a good website for crafting. Thanks :D

I think the flower pot is a fantastic idea. Most kids love doing crafty stuff; I know mine do. Mine like to help me with the garden in the summer, so they'd love something like this as their very own thing to grow. I say do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->