Party food

R_x

Reaction score
Ideas would be great (he will be turning 6)

Mu daughter is having a party in 2 weeks, at local leisure centre. They will be sitting for about 20-30mins so didnt want to go to too much effort as there is a bouncy castle which will be much too exciting!
we are doing for the kids: sandwiches (ham, cheese and jam) cocktail sausages, cupcakes, crisps, sweets.

For adults we will just put out roast beef and egg mayo sandwiches, and my sister is making shortbread and truffles.

Keeping it simple works for us!

We had our sons last party at home. My husband didn't want kids party food so e cooked a huge shepherds pie and loads of veggies. The kids all tucked in (although were a bit surprised as I think they expected party food - sarnies, crisps, veggie sticks etc). We then did a massive fruit salad and then lollies (it was summer).

It was good and we did an afternoon tea for the parents - scones, jam, clotted cream and things so they were fed too.

BUT it was a small party and so easy to cater for.

Most parties we go to have sandwiches, crisps, veggie sticks (carrots, cucumber, peppers), sausages, pizza slices etc and that always goes down well too x

Our sons 6th birthday party was on Saturday at the soft play centre which we are members at. The food was pretty good and included a tray of chicken nuggets, tray of fish fingers, 2 large pizzas, chips, cheese/ jam sandwiches, a large fruit platter and a veggie platter. There was also crisps and wafer biscuits. Every single thing was eaten there were 18 children and I can't believe how much some of them ate ,great appetites!

Ds went to a party recently - the food that went first was the cheese pizza and the nutella sandwiches - this was great for me as ds and I are vegetarian and I'm always a little concerned that he's not catered for when we go to home or hall parties and he's stuck with crisps.

It's my sons birthday party on the 30th, he will be turning 4 with a range of ages attending. We are doing ham, chicken and jam butties, pizza, sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, crisps, biscuits and cakes. I did have an idea of doing hot dogs, burgers and chips but then thought some might not like it and chips would get cold quick.
A party he went to recently bought McDonalds happy meals for the kids which was good but we cant afford to do this.

I think for Maria's party I'm going to do mini pizza baguettes, half cheese and tomato and half pepperoni, ham sandwiches and cheese sandwiches (I bet little triangle sandwiches will confuse the kids as over here everyone eats open-face sandwiches :haha: ), bowls of crisps, cut up veggies like cucumber and carrot and then jelly and ice cream.

Depends if you are planning the party during a meal time, or in between meal times. If its planned during a meal time, you can do pizza, or sandwiches, chips, fruit/veggie tray, popcorn. If its in between, just some snacks are fine like chips, popcorn, fruit/veggies and dip. Cake and ice cream for either option, of course.

It's my son's 5th Birthday party tomorrow we are doing sandwiches (ham and cheese) pasties, sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, cheese chunks, crisps, cupcakes, teacakes, biscuits (jammie dodgers and party rings ) slices of cake, pizza and chicken nuggets

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->