party invites at school

alibaba24

Reaction score
So im trying to be organised and throw a joint party in January for both my girls who will be 6&2. She just started school this year so doesn't have any solid friendships yet. And Obviously the youngest girl will be happy with whoever there at only 2. I know my oldest is going to want to invite her entire class but I just cannot afford to do that because I will also have friends and there kids outside of school to invite

I just feel so bad to have to pick and choose who to invite? Is this the norm? or do people invite the whole class? This is the first "proper" party were doing

Either invite just a few or the whole class. As long as you don't end up leaving out just a few then it's fine.

shes in a class of 20 and I think there is about 7 she would definately want to come

I don't think you need to invite the whole class. If there are a few kids she plays with, send an invite to them and ask the teacher to send them home in their bags so no children feel left out.

It's the norm here to only invite as many as you can afford, people are very understanding. Obviously a few have parties for the whole class, but last year Ben invited 10, and this year I'll say 12. So he's inviting less than half of the 30 kids in his class which i think is better than only leaving a few out!

Thank you . iv decided to let her pick 10 people which is half of her class . then that leaves 10 spaces for families kids taking into account some won't come too I think that will be quite good

If we just hire a hall we invite the whole class as the extra food cost nothing really- if it's a party at home they can pick a handful.

If we were only inviting a handful I wouldnt take the invites in to school Id catch the parents before or afterwards or deliver them to their homes.

If we just hire a hall we invite the whole class as the extra food cost nothing really- if it's a party at home they can pick a handful.

If we were only inviting a handful I wouldnt take the invites in to school Id catch the parents before or afterwards or deliver them to their homes.

I thought of this but I don't really know who the parents are. yet anyway or where they live. I think I may ask her teacher if there is a discreet way of handing the invites out. Id love to invite her class but it would be too costly as she is having a softplay party. This is the first time theres ever been a proper party so planning on making it special for her)

Invites don't need to go out until December so that gives a good couple of months yet for forming friendships so you can invite how ever many you are happy with knowing hat it is the kids she actually plays with.

When Lana was 5 she had a joint party with her best friend whos birthday is the day after hers. They are in the same class so we invited the whole class plus a few other friends and family children. It was soft play, only because we were able to split the cost were we able to invite the whole class

DD had her 5th yesterday. She only just started school and has not made many friends yet. Ended up only inviting two from her school and two from her former nursery. I wouldn't have been able to invite anyone else from her class anyway as I don't really know the other parents.
The girls had a lovely time yesterday, and two of the guests said it was the best day ever so think it was a success!:)

We do birthday treats for DD. Last year she went to the local aquarium and we had friends back after for lunch and cake, so she took six friends. This year she wants to go to the London Sealife Centre (she's quite into her fish!) so we are just taking one friend and her mum is coming too. Luckily we really get on! On her actual birthday she will just have four or five friends over for a little birthday tea.

K got an invitation home just the other day. Her teacher stuck it in her homework bag. Just has to teacher to tuck it in their bags so any kids that aren't invited don't feel left out.

K didn't know about it until I told her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->