• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

passing out in the shower?

vejables

Reaction score
hello ladies,

meant to post this yesterday when it happened, but have been feeling crappy and tired since. I was told by my mw that i have bronchitis on monday. then tuesday i got called into work so got up quick and hopped into the shower. i started washing my hair etc. and got sooo hungry. i was so hungry to the point that i almost got out of the shower with conditioner in my hair just to get something to eat. (figured it wasnt such a good idea, and decided i could wait until i was finished) then everything started to get dim and i started feeling sick to my stomach and kinda numb everywhere. next thing i knew, i was lying on the floor of my bathroom!!! (no clue how long i was there!) i woke up very scared and confused and just kind of layed there for a while b/c i was afraid i would fall again if i got up. when i finally did get up, i decided i felt okay enough to finish my shower, so i got back in, and started soaping up. things started to get dim again, and actually went almost black, but i didnt pass out. i felt my way blindly out of the bathroom and into my bedroom and lay on my bed soaking wet and scared b/c i couldn't see. after i layed down for a few, i felt better but hungry again. VERY hungry. DH walked into the bedroom and kinda freaked out seeing me laying on the bed soaked and stark naked whining that i was so hungry. he made me some cinnamon toast, i ate it all up, lay there for a while, and then felt fine. ended up going to work.

what the hell happened to me??? anyone have a similar experience??? i'm very confused... can you pass out from being hungry??

I know if you have blood sugar issues you can pass out from being hungry or you blood sugar being too low. Ive had it happen to me before when I wasn't pregnant. Because your body needs more nutrients now that your pregnant that could be why it happened. Thank god your ok. I would talk to your MW about it. Maybe have crackers or something by the bed to snack on a bit before just getting up, kinda like you do with morning sickness?? just a thought!!

Oh my hun :| I'm glad your ok!!

You should get seen by your MW about this asap! I've seen some girls mention they have felt a bit blergh if they needed to eat so you MUST eat not wait.

Do go see your mw won't you?

x

I fainted once when pregnant with Seren, and nearly pased out on two occasions. This time round I get light headed but have avoided it so far. I was told it was low blood sugar combinec with the extra demand placed on your body. You need to make sure you are eating little and often. It is scary but can be quite normal, but you should obviously talk about this with your midwife to rule out any other causes

Oh sweetie that must have been so scary
AS the others said mention it to MW and eat little and often.

I never passed out but did come very close to it on a lot of occaisions and found if i was rushing around i would feel extremly lightheaded

I only almost fainted once here, I was making me, my boyfriend and his dad a chicken roll for lunch.. as soon as I spread their mayonnaise and smelt it I went really dizzy, my eyes were open but all I could see was black and I started to stumble into the living room. I managed to get to the sofa then I lied there for a few minutes and felt fine apart from feeling nauseas. I ate my roll then I was physically sick..

Do you suffer from sickness a lot? and do you make sure you eat ASAP when you get up?

Hope you are feeling ok now.

Awww Vejables, glad to hear you are ok now. I have had that happen once before I was prego. I had just finished running and collapsed soon after due to low blood sugar. Those things happen, you're body didn't have much left to go on. The other ladies gave great advice, try keeping snacks nearby!

after i had rhys i had a hot bath one day n i was really tired and hungry when i got out i felt really shakey and i felt like i was going to be sick. so i knelt over the toilet, still in my towel, and i passed out over the toilet and i dunno how long i was out for.

when i woke up i lay there for ages and eventually went to my room and just collapsed on my bed shaking with my eyes closed. it was about an hr before colin came upstairs to look for me and he brought me a cup of tea and i ended up staying in bed for most of the day!

im not sure what caused it but probably hunger n tiredness

i had this not to long ago, didnt pass out but if i didnt eat for a while i would get very shakey ,feel weak and my vision would go all blury, as soon as i ate i would feel ok.

I was tested for diabeates but it came back clear, so was told just to eat little and often to stop my sugar levels dropping.

Glad your ok, make sure you get checked out

x

I feel like that sometimes in the shower.. I always have to sit down. I usually just push the shower curtain out some and sit on the ledge there. It I still dont feel good enough to get up I will even just lean into the water to rinse my hair! hehe..

hi again!!! thanks for all of your replies!! yes i have a mw appointment soon and will mention it to her. i think you are all right about the low blood sugar. it seems to make sense.... but it was awful!!! :-(

i hope ur ok hun :shock: must have scared u xxx

Whens your next appointment? I wouldn't chance waiting if you still feel a bit knocked off your feet (literally in this cae) x x

my next appt is september 4th. i have actually been feeling okay, besides coughing all night due to the bronchitis. my appetite SURE has gone up since then!!! i cant stop eating!!!! lol.

If you start feeling wobbly again hun, i would make an appointment ASAP

Glad you are feeling better now though xx

Glad you are feeling better .. must have been very scary for you.

yes, it was very scary. i have never had such a thing happen to me!!! and in the shower! thats dangerous!!!

Are you feeling much better now Vejables?

yes, better, but i did feel quite funny today. had a headache that went into my neck and partially down my back. anyone else had this?? also, not sure, but may have felt bubs move!!!! felt like when your tummy grumbles, but only lower where bubs would be. think im too early for this??

When I was at the beginning of pregnancy, Thats how I always felt. If I didnt eat I would feel so sick that the watery substance before throwing up would start forming in my mouth.
I passed out once when I was out shopping, I was ok one minute and just gone the next!
I remember just before it happened, my eyes went all cloudy and white, my tempreture hit the roof, and before I knew it, I was on the floor.
It seems to be something that every pregnant woman goes through at some point in time, but do becareful next time as you dont want to end up on the bathroom floor again. I know you cant exactly control how you're going to allow yourself to pass out, but the SECOND you feel as though something is not quite right, sit down somewhere!
So many times I have gone all hazy whilst out shopping, thats why Im not 'allowed' to go out alone, not even to the shop, because if anything was to happen, I would have nobody there to help me.
The hunger thing, vs feeling sick and weak, is something thats very much normal as I suffered with that alot when I was in the first tri, and almost into my 3rd.
Its not very nice I know, but if/when it happens again, get someone to grab something sweet for you- that use to work for me. A cup of hot tea or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"