patience is a vitue apparently lol

Weenie19

Reaction score
My dad has always been hard work lol. He can't stand his own company and has zero social skills!
He and my mum are shift workers so it means he has a couple of daysto himself a week . Hes always phoning me.....I'm talking up to 5+ times a day but recently hes been worse.

Im expecting my second and as im suffering a bit my eldest visits her nan once a week starting this week. Today was my first day to myself and dads called 6 times. Ive told hom to leave me be but he keeps calling!

Im sure I had more patience before falling pregnant lol. Roght now I jist want to chill out but it seems impossible! !!!

Rant over - sorry

I know how you feel. My dad has bi polar disorder and calls quite a lot. Often at times when I have put my DD to bed and just sat down to chill out. The last thing I want to do is small talk as he never calls for any particular reason.

When I had my DD I had post natal depression and he was calling too much and it stressed me out to the point that my DH took the calls.

However I often ignor the phone when I see he is calling. I know he means well but sometimes I just need to relax like you. Have you tried ignoring the phone?

Dare I say at least he cares? Some ppl would love that attention from parents, he obviously thinks the world of you that he needs you in order to get through his day. I no it can seem annoying but I think it's nice he cares. I'm very close with my dd but he's not the type to ring me at all. I ring him lol

I can see why the frequency of the calls can be irritating. However, I am on the other side. My dad NEVER calls me. He has it in his head that I am too busy. That I am a single mom in school fulltime, working fulltime, and raising my three kiddos and he doesn't want to bother me. When in reality I am now married, done with school, not working, and my kids are teenagers----So I only have time!! :haha: As irritating as it is for you that he calls so much; he cares. And that is sweet. Could you turn the ringer off for a hour or two to give yourself a bit of uninterrupted you time?

omg! I remember the good ole days when I could leave the phone off the hook and be left alone. Haha. Now, there are a hundred different ways for someone to reach me, and I just can't catch a break! Forget it! Have a bath, and turn off the ringers. :) My father will call me a hundred times a day if he's alone, too, but we DO NOT get along... :haha:

I curse the inventor of the mobile phoneAND bluetooth. Even when he's driving im not free lol.
I agree its nice if hes doing it because he cares but I ended up popping in to see him to stop the calls and he never spoke a word to me for the entire hour I was there!!!
Its boredom pure and simple. Harsh as it sounds I have my own children to entertain. Im not your bloody jester too! Lol

Oh and I love caller ID. I do get to ignore calls because of this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->