Paul Henry is Finally Here!

ttcmikeandme

Paul Henry is Here!
Reaction score
Thank you ladies so much for all the support over the past 9 months (and months of TTC before that!)

I went in for inducement Sunday night at 530pm, they did 2 rounds of cytotec to ripen and dilate me, I was currently 1cm 50% & -2 station. From 530pm to 5am I was having contractions that were not too painful every 1 to 4 minutes lasting 45sec to 90seconds. At 5am something changed, and the contractions were all in my back and extremely painful to the point where I got a shot of nubaine to help with the pain.

So for about half an hour the pain was pretty well controlled, then my water broke on its own at 6am, and the pain was back & unbearable. At 730am they checked me since I was in severe pain & I was so upset that I was still only 2cm, 100%, & -2 station. My doctor gave the go ahead for an epidural, so about 15 minutes later they came in to do that. It unfortunantly didn't work, she tried 5 times & finally said that she thought maybe she had it, but when she injected the medicine it only went to my left leg, everything else (belly, vagina, and right side) was completly normal.

All of a sudden I felt horrible pressure/pain to pee/push so the nurse rechecked me & I was 10cm, baby's head was right there. I couldn't believe that I went from 2cm to 10cm within an hour! At 9:20 the doctor arrived, I started pushing & at 9:43 Paul was born!

We got to go home the next day, and have been learning ever since!
102_0920.jpg

102_0942.jpg

Congrats! What a cutie!

Congrats! He is such a cutie. :) It's amazing how fast things went for you in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->