Paw patrol - Recommendations Please!!

Beanbabe

Reaction score
So my youngest sons aged 3&4 have recently discovered paw patrol and it's become quite a firm favourite. There have been requests for paw patrol toys from Santa but I'm at a loss what to get. There seems to be varying degrees to the quality of these toys. Some get very poor reviews and I'm amazed at the price of the lookout centre 😳!! Can anyone recommend some good pieces? And does anyone know what fits with the lookout centre - just in case santas in a good mood some day?!?!!?! 😀.

My girls have the lookout centre and it has been very sturdy. It's played with often and they can be quite hashy with their toys and its never showed signs of breaking. The spinny slide thing has never detached either, whereas I find similar toys need re connecting often.

My 2 are obsessed with Paw Patrol and I'm thinking of getting them just all the pups in the cars

My DS is also 4 and has asked for some paw patrol stuff but hes also into superheros and transformers. I cant help thinking the toys look very babyish and wont be played with so im tempted to get him some paw patrol books and pjs and maybe the etch a sketch instead x

We have the lookout. It's collecting dust in the corner... very expensive for a toy that actually doesn't do much but other kids might play with it more than my son. He won't as he doesn't have the full set - Ryder is very hard to find! You need the figures that are removable from the cars to be able to put them down the slide. You can get them for £4 each from tesco at the moment x

My little girl loves the vehicles and pups as does my son. The racers are good, they just bought out paw patrol mashems which are suprise egg things which are pretty good, lo loves the action pups to which back packs pop up, t k Maxx do a busy book which has figures in as well, and jigsaw book. I got which looks fab a jumbo action pup. Got Marshall which is daughters favorate and that has things to stick in water canon. My two also love bath toys, the squirters and paddling ones. My daughters list was mostly paw patrol, can you tell lol. We didn't get look out centre due to reviews but they do a lorry I think which is meant to be good. My sister got a cute night light which I one of pups. We just got a few of the basic vehicles rather than more expensive ones.

So so expensive for what they are, especially the Lookout, Paw Patroller and Adventure Training playset. The Lookout is fine, but theres nothing to it really. Its gathering dust here too. It does tip now and again if you havent got a careful child, which can be annoying.

I got the Paw Patroller lorry for the sheer fact it was £30 after a voucher code and ONLY because it was the one thing on her list. It has some really awful reviews. It comes with Ryder and his ATV (we already have that from Sainsburys :( )

Our training centre was £17 from the US Amazon, so im fine about that.

On the other hand, the figures and their vehicles are fine for the price. We got the Walmart pack brought back from the US and it cost £30 i think - a lot less than buying them individually here. That doesnt come with vehicles though.

The soft toys are okay, they are roughly £10 and we have them all. We have paid over the odds for Everest and Robodog but they are harder to get.

Costco have a playmat with Rubble , its not the same type of figure but im betting it will be worth it for the playmat.

So recommendations? The soft toys and the figures(and vehicles) are probably the most worth while.
11924248_10153502535319318_7600911907050628446_n.jpg

Glad ive seen this. Ds has just become obsessed with paw patroll, after ive finished his shopping (he did this ladt year with disney planes, i should have learnt my lesson) going to see if any family will get him something but didnt know which to get.

I got all 6 of these on ebay for £13.89. They are coming from china so guaranteed they are fakes but I dont care lol.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262082303198

I got all 6 of these on ebay for £13.89. They are coming from china so guaranteed they are fakes but I dont care lol.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262082303198

Can you post when you get them? i want a rough idea on what the fakes are like. I bought a lot of Frozen stuff last year that was decent!

Yeah course :thumbup: still got a couple of weeks before they come though I think

I've heard too many bad reviews of the lookout tower, so I wouldn't get that. I'm definitely not wasting money on it after hearing so many negatives from it not being played with at all, to it tipping over easily, etc. My kids are getting the paw Patrol racers, like this:

Attachments

• racers.png
    racers.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks so much girls for all your replies. 👍 it's a great help to get other peoples opinions. I would really love to hear a review on the figures from china. I'm thinking of getting him a leapreader and the paw patrol book as part of his present. I think that would be a better use of my money than some of the toys on offer! Both my wee boys love figures and can spend an amazing amount of time playing fireman Sam in Barney world with a little bit of peppa pig or Mickey Mouse thrown in. They have no heed on marvel or transformers or those older toys yet so I'm going to keep them young while I can! At least paw patrol is a new toy idea for my ds2 - for the past two Christmas's it's been fireman Sam and minions 😂

I spotted a Paw Patrol bath toy that I might consider. DS has recently discovered Paw Patrol and I'm loathed to spend a lot of money on it as I too think it looks "young" and he'll out grow it too soon.

There are Paw patrol toys on the deal of the day on Amazon today:)

I spotted a Paw Patrol bath toy that I might consider. DS has recently discovered Paw Patrol and I'm loathed to spend a lot of money on it as I too think it looks "young" and he'll out grow it too soon.

Agreed and they are quite expensive. Ive said we will get him the bath toy which was an orange submarine but im not buying all those little cars x

Agreed and they are quite expensive. Ive said we will get him the bath toy which was an orange submarine but im not buying all those little cars x

I've just came up with another idea there is a Paw Patrol Busy Book with 12 characters in it which could also satisfy the request!!

We have the lookout, it got played with by the kids I babysit but not by my son. The slide comes off for us a bit too.

We also have the big Chase that talks and takes kids on missions. It has a working megaphone which is tons of fun. I love it but it was so expensive. My son doesn't play with it either but he is weird and doesn't play with toys.

We have all the actions pups. They fit with the lookout and they get played with the most. Both my kids like them. They would make good stocking stuffers too.

We recently did my son's bedroom in paw patrol with wall decals and pictures and a bed set. He loved it.

I've just came up with another idea there is a Paw Patrol Busy Book with 12 characters in it which could also satisfy the request!!

Ive bought the paw patrol book, it was £3 in asda but the busy book sounds like a good idea 👍

Not toys obvs but Asda have paw patrol stuff in George. I spotted onesies (think they are about a tenner), backpacks, a chase hat (which Oscar has on in this pic) for £5 and a paw patrol tshirt (£5/£6)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom