Paying for IVF in the UK

xx Emily xx

Mummy to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies

We were lucky enough to have a beautiful little girl as a result of IVF in 2013 on the NHS.

We are now preparing to TTC #2 (feeling mixed emotions about this but I'll save that for another thread!)

Looking online at prices of clinics is very confusing!

I just wondered if people could give us a rough estimate of how much to expect to pay per cycle? We didn't have any frozen embies from previous IVF.

Thank you!
Em

Roughly where in the uk are you? Prices are different in different areas/clinics ie if your paying private at an nhs hospital or a private clinic x

From my experience and research, self funding at a NHS hospital costs between £3.5k - £5k and a private clinic can be between £7k-£10k. The range would be if you need/want to add anything to your protocol such as blood tests, endometrial scratch, immune testing, embryo glue, time lapse, steroids, clexane etc... (the list goes on)

The protocol you had on the NHS clearly worked out well for you, I would go down the same route again. Maybe call the hospital and book in for a consultation as a self funding patient and see what they say.

Good luck I hope you have another successful cycle. :flower:

I had my treatment on the NHS but wasn't in a hospital.

It was at a clinic in Cambridge.

We have now moved up north but thinking of travelling back down for treatment.

Em xx

I think we crossed posts.

Have a look for NHS hospitals or clinics up North that have a fertility centre, they will be able to get your notes from Cambridge. I am sure that even as a self funding patient you don't pay for consultations. As a private patient I think they cost a few hundred pounds. I would look at both options, when you are paying out that much money you want to be sure you feel safe and confident in their care.

:flower:

Will definately look into that thank you.

I didn't realise that other clinics could get my notes.

Thank you
Em xx

Hi Em,

Was it Bourn Hall that you were treated at previously by any chance? If so, we've just undergone 2 rounds of funded treatment there, which resulted in my current pregnancy, but we'll be looking to go back there to TTC #2 x

Yep it was Bourn Hall! It's so lovely there and I couldn't thank them enough for giving us a beautiful daughter
xx

Yep it was Bourn Hall! It's so lovely there and I couldn't thank them enough for giving us a beautiful daughter
xx

It is lovely there. We're lucky that we've got 4 frozen embryo's to use, which should hopefully help us keep costs down. Have you looked on BH's website? They have a cost calculator, which should give you a rough idea if you know what type of treatment you need. They also offer an egg/sperm sharing program. I know it's not for everybody but it certainly makes things a lot cheaper x

I barely get enough eggs for me so sharing isn't really an option for us.
My ovaries are pretty damaged from endometriosis and 2 lots of surgery

Em xx

I barely get enough eggs for me so sharing isn't really an option for us.
My ovaries are pretty damaged from endometriosis and 2 lots of surgery

Em xx

I wouldn't be a candidate for egg donation either but when we were going through treatment, we received a letter with regards to my husband being a potential sperm donor. If we are willing for him to do it, we'll get a free round of treatment, paying for meds only x

Oh really? We hadn't heard that. But don't know how hubby would feel about it xx

It is a tricky one. It's something we've considered but haven't made our minds up yet. Definitely worth looking into though, just so you have all the options x

We are just about to start our first round of IVF with ICSI privately in Liverpool and the Womens hospital and it's costing us:

IVF/ICSI £4200
Meds £700
Bloods £280

So almost 6 grand all in all xx

Have a look at the London women's hospital they have a clinic in Darlington in the North East, they have good results and currently have an "offer" on for IVF with icsi, everything included such as drugs and anaesthetist, consultation, blood tests and even freezing of embryos for 5 years (£350 refundable if there are none to freeze) all for just under £5000 and if you have your pre treatment blood tests done through your GP then it is actually only £4350 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->