PCOS.. 2nd cycle on metaformin..CD 26 still no positive OPK :-(

Crazycolours

Reaction score
Anyone else struggling to conceive due to PCOS. I'm on metaformin & was expecting my cycles to of become regular now but still extended. Been using opks this month but no rise in LH & on cd 26! Feel like hitting my head against a brick wall, I have no chance of conceiving if I never ovulate! Due to start clomid in May so hopefully something may happen then.

Just need to speak to someone in same position :thumbup:

I just started metformin to help with PCOS in the middle of my last cycle, and I'm on CD1 now. I had a fairly short cycle for me (37 days) and was really hoping this would be the month! We're going to try with just met for one more cycle, and then move to clomid after that.

I'm hoping that I'll have an even shorter cycle this time around, but my doc told me it could take 4-6 months to take full effect. Do you temp or track CM also? This will be my 5th month tracking those plus OPKs and I'm getting pretty good knowing where I'm at in my cycle.

Anyways, kinda in the same boat as you if you want to chat about it!

I am on my first cycle of metformin a week ago and as of today my first period since September has started or atleast I think it has. I'm having a hard time knowing what to expect an I would love to get insight,stories, opinions an just people to talk to about it!

I don't chart but I do track my cycles. They vary from 36 days to 107 days so far. What strength metaformin are both you ladies on if you don't mind me asking? Xx

I'm just starting so only 500mgs but if I don't have side effects or any other issues I will go up to 1000!

I started on 500mg, then after a week went to 1000, and then after another week went to 1500 and that's where I'm staying. I didn't see too many side effects, I'm just really hoping it helps regulate.

I'm happy to talk too!

I was diagnosed with PCOS through scans and bloods and prescribed Metformin. I am now on 500mg 3 times per day (each time I eat!).

I have been off BC (Dianette) since December and have not ovulated yet. I have been on Metformin one month and haven't seen a difference yet (but only been on the full 1500mg for 1 week).

I have recently done a lot of research on PCOS and embarked on the GI diet.

This diet works on the principle that quickly digested sugars increase the insulin in your blood, which in turn affects your reproductive hormones and ovulation.

Watch this space as I am going to get my bloods tested in 8 weeks or so to see if there has been improvement.

I am also losing weight as I know this will help (6lbs down, 11lbs to go!)

If in 3 months of hard slog with this diet and exercise, there is no difference, I am going to use Clomid.

My thoughts on Clomid are that it forces out eggs, whatever quality. In PCOS, the levels of hormones can affect egg quality. When you use Clomid, there is an increased risk of miscarriage - I think because you are kicking out unhealthy eggs which otherwise would not be released.

At least this way I am giving myself 3 clear months (the time it takes for an egg to grow and mature) of PCOS - specific eating, and the best chances!!!

I also take Vitex (agnus castus) 2000mg (it supposedly balances your hormones), pregnacare conception (B12, Folic Acid & Zinc) and am looking into Myo Inositol.

Hiya, :flower:

I've been using Metformin for over 6 months now and it does help a little although I can't know fo so as I am on clomid as well now.
I think Metformin just takes a while to regulate everything, all the little immature follicles on the ovaries don't just vanish, but I hope in the long run it will do the trick. Also read that Metformin improves the effect of Clomid if you decided to start it in May.

Good luck to you! Good things take a while (I keep telling my impatient heart :winkwink: )

Thanks everyone. Well I'm on 500mg twice a day. (Think I need to increase) Suffered bad side effects with Refluxing and loss off appetite but only lasted a week. It just doesn't seemed to of helped my cycles but I have lost 9lb without Even trying so a positive there! Lol Will stay on it though cause can take time to work properly like you say.

My last cycle was my 2nd one on Metformin, I got a positive test on CD28. Don't worry, it will happen <3

Don't give up hope! I have PCOS and I started Metformin on January 30th. I also took Provera to bring on AF and it came on February 6th. I figured I was never going to ovulate being on CD30 something and I had made plans to take Provera again on the 27th and then start Femara on CD3. Well... here I am on CD42 and I had positive opks over the last 36 hours or so. They're fading today but for the first time in about 5 years, I likely ovulated. Just from the Metformin :) It was just a little late. Don't give up and keep testing. I almost missed it because I figured I was out and was wasting opks. My friend and fiance convinced me to test because I was have alot of ovary pain and sure enough, positive. Before this, my last AF was in August last year and I would have cycles that were 300+ days long. I'm on 1500mg now but started at 500mg and then 1000mg. I have read that alot of women needed 1500mg to see any real results. I've also lost 15 pounds!

Wow thanks for sharing your story. I'll be stalking you to see how you progress :) xx

Thanks! If I don't get my BFP this cycle then I still plan to take Femara next cycle. I figure the worst it can do is help :) But I'm still so happy and excited I ovulated on my own just when I was about to give up on this cycle.

Think I just got my positive OPK on cd 28!! CM clear & test quite strong! Will test again shortly to confirm &#128556;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->